Chapter 15: the truth

*quick recap*
That's when it hit me. Carson Nichols. Nichols. As in Calvin Nichols. His father is the man who started it all. Calvin Nichols is the man who had held me hostage in my own house.
"Calvin." I gasped. A wicked smile crossed Carson's face.
"Bingo." He said.
*end of recap*
"You still haven't told me why you're doing this." I stated.
"You'll figure it out. You're smart. I've seen you in action. Remember? We WERE partners for a while." Carson said, smirking.
"Ew. Don't do that." I said, making a disgusted face.
"Do what?" He asked, surprised.
"Make that face." I said. Yes, now I'm speaking most of my thoughts. I mean, why not? I've got nothing to lose.
"What face?" He asked, seeming to get a little annoyed.
"You know what? Now that I think of it, your face is just nasty in general." I said, shrugging. *cue evil laugh*
"EXCUSE ME?!" He said.
"You heard me." I said, as I crossed my arms.
"Wha- who do you think you are?!" He yelled.
"Running round leaving scars." I sang. I saw Karen trying to hide a smile and Davie looked like he would burst out laughing at any second. Commander just kept a poker face. Well played...
"SHUT UP! RIGHT NOW!" Carson shouted.
"I actually don't have a song for that one." I said, cracking a smile. Carson looked like he was just about ready to strangle me. "Am I annoying you?" I asked, innocently.
"Commander, tape her up." Carson said. Wait, what?
"Okay." Commander said. Wait, double what?! He slowly approached me and pulled out a roll of duct tape.
"You wouldn't dare." I said.
"Ahhhh, you underestimate me, Coleson." He said. I just then got an idea. I hacked up a HUGE loogie (a/n: AKA glob of spit for all of you that don't know what a "loogie" is.) and spit it right in Commander's face. I know, it sounds gross, but what other option did I have?
"And YOU underestimate ME!" I said.
"ARGHHHH!" Commander yelled as he stumbled back.
"Hahahahahahaha!!!" I laughed, as I watched Commander run into the kitchen to wash his face.
"Hey!" Carson said, astonished at what I had just done. I was kind of surprised myself. Nice job Coleson! I mentally patted myself on the back.
"Oh my gosh Aubrey!" Davie exclaimed.
"What the heck was that?!" Karen asked. I just shrugged and kept on histerically laughing.
"That's it! It's time." Carson said, signaling to Karen and Davie.
"Time for what?" I asked, finally stopping laughing.
"You'll find out soon enough." Carson said, running his hands through his blonde hair. He'd actually be attractive, if he wasn't such a creep. You know what they say! Never judge a book by it's cover! And believe me, I DEFINITELY don't want to read Carson's book. Yuck. Just... No.
"When are you planning on telling me what this is all about anyways?" I asked.
"I told you. You'll figure it out." Carson stated.
"Ugh. Fine." I said.
Okay, let's think about this. Carson's dad is Calvin Nichols. Okay... That means nothing... Right?
Wait a second... Could this be... Revenge? But... Why?
"Umm... Carson?" I said.
"What?" He snapped.
"Jeez, what crawled up your butt and died?" I asked. He glared at me, but I continued. "Is this for revenge?" A smile crossed Carson's face.
"Told ya you'd figure it out." He said.
"Okay... But I still don't get why." I said.
"I'll explain." Carson said. Finally! "You ruined my family." Well, that's harsh.
"How?" I asked, really confused.
"You got him to turn himself in!" He said, exasperated.
"And....? I still don't get it." I said, shrugging.
"He turned himself in, feeling like he was nothing. He was the lowest of the low. He felt as though he DESERVED to be treated like dirt for the rest of his life! He let them take him away, and he didn't even complain. His self respect was completely deteriorated." Carson said, sighing.
"I still don't see how this is my fault." I said, looking straight at Carson.
"He left our family. I didn't have a dad for basically my WHOLE LIFE! He's still in jail, and he won't be released for at least another ten years!" Carson said, angrily.
"Okay?" I said. He glared at me.
"Don't you get it?! You took away my father! He's not even the father I knew anymore! He acts different. He shut down. He won't talk to my family! It's hurt my sister the most.... She was so close to him. He ignores my mother when she visits, and he can't even look me in the eyes." Carson said. Okay, now I feel guilty. Stop it!
"Mhm." I said, putting on my best poker face.
"You committed a crime too that day, Coleson." Carson said, finally.
"And what crime would that be?" I asked, expectantly.
"You stole my father."
(A/n: I knew this chapter was gonna be kinda serious, so I tried to keep it fun in the beginning.(: I hope you all like it and PLEASE keep reading! Share. Follow. Vote.)