Chapter 16

"Y/n," Veronica says, "this apartment is adorable." She says following me.

  "Thanks," I say, "sorry the living room is kind of a mess. It is where Jug sleeps when he comes over."

"It's not really messy," She says as I pick up his clothes from the edge of the couch.

"Whatever," I say as I lead her back to my room. I toss the clothes into the hamper by my dresser.

"And you live her alone?" She asks.

"Yep," I say, "Jug stays over but it's mostly just me."

"It's really nice," She says.

"Thanks, V," I say.

"Now spill whats up with you lately," She says sitting on my bed. I move to the closet and grab a band tee.

"I don't know," I say, "I just see Jug and Betty and I feel awful."

"Like how awful?" She asks.

"Jealous I guess," I say.

"It's gonna be fine," She says, "Jughead is totally into you."

"Whatever," I say.

"No really," She says, "you guys are adorable."

"Thanks for talking to me," I say. I pull off the tee I had and replace it.

"So are you ready for the drive in?" She asks.

"Yeah, thanks for letting me tag along with you and Kev," I say.

"You are welcome, but it was nothing really we do like hanging out with you," She says.

"So Kev picking us up here?" I ask.

"Yeah, he should be here soon," She says.

"Sweet," I say.

"So did you talk to Betty after last night?" She asks.

"No," I say.

"Me either," She says.

"She is doing this because she still likes Archie," I say.

"I know," She says.

"I just don't know what to do," I say, "if I point it out her and I will just argue again."

"But if you don't she might do something crazy," Veronica continues.

"Yeah," I say.

"Well let's forget about all of this drama and go watch the last movie at the drive in," She says.

"I will miss this drive in so much," I say.

"Whats with you and Jug and this drive in?" She asks.

"Family memories," I say, "when his family was better and you know I had one."

"If you don't mind me asking what happened?" She asks.

"My dad killed my mom and older sister back when all of us were in 7th grade. My family was the last tragedy in Riverdale. Then I ran away so the social workers wouldn't take me from my friends. But of course, they found me and sent me to Chicago with my little brother and sister. The family wanted them and not me. So they were adopted and I was sent to New York. Then Ohio. But I was never really wanted. So I got my Aunt to fight for custody so I could come back to Riverdale after my older brother died," I say.

"Heavy stuff," She says.

"Yeah but everyone else knows," I say, "some even think I'll snap like my dad. Hence why my name was thrown around in the Jason Blossom case but never anything serious."