Chapter 26

"Poor Moose. Is he okay?" Betty asks.

"His name is Moose. He's fine," Jug says. I sit across from him and watch Betty. I will admit it I was jealous.

"Dude, what the hell? I've been texting you," Archie says sitting by me and Ronnie. 

"Archie, Jughead just told us what happened yesterday," Betty says getting close to Jughead. I could feel myself tense up.

"Though I checked out at the words 'construction' and 'site,'" V says.

"Moose and I are going to the Southside to find those Serpents," Archie says. "You in?"

   "Whoa! Hey, you didn't say it was the Serpents who beat Moose up," Betty says.

"'Cause we don't know that for a fact," Jug says. 

"Well, it's still worth a shot if it might help my dad. Kevin's boyfriend can get us in," Archie says. 

   "Get you in where?" V asks.

    "To some bar where the Serpents hang out. If Moose spots them, we call Sheriff Keller and get these goons arrested," He says.

"Archie, the Serpents are dangerous. They're drug dealers," Betty says.

"What? Says who?" Jug asks.

"Polly. Remember? Trev told us that Jason was dealing drugs? It was for the Serpents," Betty says.

"You heard my Dad, Jughead. Clifford Blossom is trying to torpedo him. Sheriff Keller basically blew him off, right in front of us. Somebody needs to do something," Archie says.

   "That doesn't mean run into the serpent's bar accusing them of things," I say.

  "It's for my dad," He says.

"Archie, going into that bar is a bad idea," Jug says. 

"Jughead, are you coming with me or not?" He asks Jug. Jug doesn't respond. "Thanks for having my back" Archie stomps out the door and I scoot away from V.

   "He is gonna get himself killed," I say as I sip my coffee.

******

    "Polly," I say pulling her into a hug.

   "Hey Y/n," She says.

    "Good I'm so happy for you," I say.

   "Thanks," She says. I had her a bag and she smiles.

   "It's from Jughead and I," I say, "I'll let you get back to your crowd." She smiles and I see Jughead talk to Betty as he sits down a cupcake tray. "Hey guys," I say.

"Hey," Betty says. Jug leans over and kisses my forehead.

"Hey N/n," He says.

"I have to go get the rest of the food I'll be back," Betty says.

"Alright," I say. She smiles and walks off. And Jug wraps his arm around me. "I didn't think you would be so involved in this," I say.

"Betty asked me to get it for her," He says.

"Baby showers just don't seem like your scene," I say.

"What? Organizing a baby shower? It's totally on my bucket list," He says sarcastically.

"Well with looks like those you'll have one for your own kid one day," I say. He rolls his eyes and laughs.

"No one wants to be with a mess like me," He says.