Chapter 37

All I could hear was the pain in Jug's voice, again and again on repeat in my mind as I ran through all of Riverdale. I had no idea where I was going. I was just running away from it all. That seemed to be a theme. If I couldn't handle the situation I ran. At first, I was trying to find Jughead. But I lost him. In more ways than one. I could feel my pace slow down and I just stop altogether. I took in my surroundings. I wasn't too far from the police station. I turn down the road and walk towards the station. I walk up to the receptionist and sigh. "FP Jones, can I talk to him?" I ask her. She sighs.

"Head on back," she says, "someone take her back to Jones!" Keller walks towards me and sighs.

"Why are you here kid?" Sheriff Keller asks.

"I wanna talk to FP," I say.

"Why?" He asks.

"Because he broke a promise to me," I say.

"What promise?" He asks.

"Does it matter?" I ask.

"He was just arrested for murder," He says, "you should be cooperative."

"He broke a promise to me, he promised me not to screw over Jughead, that he would stay straight and I would like to express how fucking angry I am at him," I say. Sheriff Keller sighs and leads me back to the holding cell.

"What are you doing here kid?" FP asks. I walk towards the cell.

"What did you do?" I hiss as he walks towards the front. "What did you do?" I ask him again. He stays silent. "FP your son is fucking broken because of you right now!" I scream.

"Why aren't you with him?" He asks.

"Because he is mad at me because everyone turned against him and he thinks I did too," I say, "I defended you FP, so did Jughead. We asked you at your trailer and you lied to us! You made him feel like finally, his life would go back to normal FP!"

"Kid, just stay away from here," He says.

"I'm not leaving until you explain why you lied to us!" I say.

"Get out of here kid!" He yells.

"You made him think everything would be okay!" I scream, "that everything would be normal. He would have a typical family again."

"Get out!" He screams.

"Fuck you FP you ruined his life again!" I scream.

"Keller get her away from me!" FP screams.

"I trusted you FP," I say, "but now here you are just like my dad. No better than my dad."

"Come on Y/n," Sheriff Keller says.

"I'll leave, I'm done," I say stomping off out of the station. I pull my phone from my purse to see Archie and everyone else texting me. I shove it back into the purse and start walking towards Pops. I pull the flask out from inside my dress and start to chug it. I'm over it. Over it all. My phone started ringing. I press answer and press it to my ear.

"Y/n hey," Archie says.

"What do you want?" I ask my words slight slurring.

"FP isn't guilty," Archie says, "they found a gun. When we searched the trailer there wasn't one. Someone framed FP."

"Are you sure you just didn't miss it?" I ask.

"No it's not that easy to miss something in that house," Archie says.

"Archie I wanna believe he is guilty, I really do," I say, "but I've been blindly defending him this whole time. And now look."

"He is innocent," Archie says, "I promise."