Chapter 32

"I'm gonna go check and see if Archie is still alive," I say, "and I'm gonna steal his chips."

   "I'll go with you," Jug says, "I'm starving."

  "Sweet," I say walking from his room. We get down to the kitchen and I see a short redheaded woman. "Mary?"

  "Hey Y/n, Jughead," Fred says as we walk closer.

 "Hey Fred," I say, "Mary?"

  "Oh Y/n you're back," She says.

 "So are you," I say. 

 "She is here for the weekend," Archie says, "isn't this great."

"It's amazing," Jug says elbowing my side.

"It's great," I say.

"How come you guys are here?" Mary asks.

"Jughead lives with us," Archie says, "and Y/n is dating him." I smile at her and she nods.

"Oh," She says, "wonderful."

"Well we see this is a family thing," I say, "I'm gonna head out. See you later Arch."

"I'm gonna go with her," Jug says. I grab his hand and we leave the house. 

"I'm going to call Betty," I say. I dial her number. After a couple rings, she picks up. 

"Hey Y/n," She says.

"Hey, Betty can we talk?" I ask.

"Yeah I'm at the school in the Blue and Gold office, just meet me here," She says.

"Alright see you soon," I say as I hang up.

"You go," He says, "I'm gonna head down to Pop's."

"Wanna ride?" I ask.

"Nah I need the exercise anyway," He says.

"No, you don't," I say, "you might not be super ripped but you look pretty damn fine."

"Sure," He says, "I still wanna walk."

"Fine," I say. I give him a quick kiss then climb into my car. "Bye Juggie," I say before I drive off. Once I get to the school I run down into the Blue and Gold office. I see V when I get to the door. 

"My dad hired Jughead's dad to trash the drive-in. And given recent events, it's not inconceivable that he might've hired him to do other jobs. Like, go after Jason as payback for what the Blossoms did to him," Veronica says, "I want to help with your investigation. I want the truth. Whatever it is." 

"FP wouldn't do that," I say walking towards him, "he wouldn't kill anyone."

"Well, maybe another serpent did," She says, "I feel my dad is involved in this and I want to know."

"I understand," I say, "I've just grown up around FP and I know he wouldn't do anything like that. Anyways Hey guys."

"Hey," Betty says.

"Hi," V says.

"I want to explain what Chuck said," I say, "so you don't think I am an awful human being."

"Go ahead," Betty says.

"I'm getting evicted from my apartment," I say, "I needed some money to give to my landlord so he wouldn't kick me out. Hence taking on odd jobs."

"What about Pops? Or the stores?" V asks.

"I asked everyone. No one can hire," I say, "I went on one job and that is it. I promise it was the last one."