Chapter 28

"Y/n why don't you just move in already, I mean you already are here all the time," Archie says.

   "A.) Because I hate you, B.) I would have to worry about waking you guys up when I'm up a 4 am, and C.) When I'm at my apartment I don't have to wear pants unless someone is there," I say to Archie, "But I will come here and eat your food."

  "You've been doing that since you kids were five," Fred says handing me a slice of pizza. 

  "You don't hate me," Archie says.

 "Sure I don't," I say laughing, "I'm just joking."

"To be fair I wake up Archie with my typing all the time, and he wakes me up with his music," Jug says.

 "See but the biggest problem is the pants thing," I say, "and I definitely couldn't do that here."

"Fair point," Archie says.

"Plus I like living alone," I say, "I can do whatever I want as long as I don't piss off the neighbors." 

"Ahh yes living alone without parentals," Jug says.

"Yeah but Archie don't let them fool you it is expensive," Fred says.

"It is," I say. A loud knock on the door interrupting our conversation. 

"I got it," Fred says walking towards the door. He opens it and I see fiery red locks.

"Oh fuck," I hiss.

"Mr. Andrews! Nice haircut. You're looking extremely DILF-y today," I hear Cheryl say, I choke on my soda.

"Are you hearing her?" I ask Jug and Archie. They nod.

"Is Archie home?" She asks.

"Cheryl, yes. Um, come on in," Fred says reluctantly as she walks past him.

"The Ice Woman Cometh," Jug whispers.

"Leavvvveeeeeee," I say as she walks to the table.

"Stuff it, Orphan Anne," Cheryl says.

"You're repeating insults Cheryl," I say.

"Hey, Cheryl," Archie says as she places a guitar case on the table. "As a maj thank-you for coming to the Maple banquet with me tomorrow, I wanted to give you this. An '84 Les Paul. In our signature color," Cheryl says.

"He's a hooker," I whisper to Jug.

"You're welcome," She says, "Okay. That's all. I'm going now. My claustrophobia acts up in small houses. See you tomorrow." She kisses his cheek and leaves.

"Fred, why did you even let her in?" I ask him. He shrugs. "'My claustrophobia acts up in small houses' Jesus Christ."

"I'd give that back if I were you," Fred says.

 "Dad, come on. The Blossoms, they're helping me get into that summer music program. Like, the best in the country," Archie says.

 "And since when did the Blossoms ever give a damn about you, Archie?" Fred asks.

"Well, they think I have potential, Dad," Archie says.

"He's also pimping himself out to Cheryl," Jug steps in. 

"The Blossoms tried to run our business into the ground," Fred says. "Maybe if you tried talking to Mr. Blossom," Archie says.

   "I tried talking to him,  Archie, he laughed in my face.

"Don't think for a second that the Blossoms are looking out for you. They're using you, Archie. They look at us like we're dirt under their shoe. I'm over it," Fred says. He looks at Archie and sighs. He walks out of the kitchen.