Chapter 36

<Just imagine that is you and not Betty. Also, I'm on vacation so expect fewer updates until Saturday>

  FP pulls into the school and parks in the bus lane off the school. "Juggie can you hand me the umbrella?" I ask him he does and I climb out and open it for him and I. Betty and Jug climb out and he joins me.

"You be a gentleman tonight, okay?" FP says to Jughead.

"He almost always is, FP," I say.

"Oh I see Trev," Betty says, "I'll see you guys inside."

"Okay Betty," I say.

"Actually Y/n, would you mind giving us just a minute?" Jug asks.

"No, of course. Take your time," I say to them. Jug climbs back into the truck and I wave to FP.

"Thank you," he says. I nod and turn to the stairs. Heading to the top of them to wait. I look around for Archie or hell even Veronica. But it was just faces of the other assholes in this school. Like any other time. After a couple minutes Juggie climbs from the truck and runs up to me.

  "Sorry to keep you waiting," He says, "you ready to go inside?"

  "Of course Jug," I say taking his hand. We walk into the school and he sighs as we make it to the gym.

  "After the dance can we talk?" He asks.

  "Depends," I say.

  "On what?" He asks.

  "Well if this is where you dump me," I say.

  "Never," he says.

  "Then we can talk after the dance," I tell him, "what about?"

  "My dad," he says.

  "Everything okay?" I ask him

  "Great actually," he says, "I just want to figure out something together."

  "Alright Juggie," I say, "sorry about the dinner I didn't think Alice would do that."

  "It's fine," he says, "your actual family likes me and my dad."

  "Yeah Lily loves you guys," I say, "she and your dad were close back in high school."

"Really I didn't know that," he says.

"She and my mom," I say, "they both were always around FP and Fred."

  "So like our little Pops crew?" He asks.

  "Except they were missing a privileged brat and a gay," I say to him.

"Fair point," he says.

"So wanna go be anti-social together in the corner?" I ask him.

"This is why we are so great together," he says.

"Actually there is Archie and Veronica," I say, "let's go over there."

"Alright," He says. We walk through the crowd to Archie and V.

"Losers," I say to them jokingly.

  "Hey guys," Jug says.

"Rude," Archie says, "and Hey Jughead."

"So you guys ready to sing?" I ask them.

  "Yeah," Archie says, "it's a lot easier knowing you have someone up there with you."

"I get it," I say as Betty joins us a dirty look plastered on her face.

"Where were you guys?" Betty asks harshly.