Counter Plan

(Qing's POV)

The day went in a blur after my suspicion on Dayu's real identity rooted in my head. I walk, talk, eat and train with my soldiers with my mind not on the tasks at hand but on different things.

Like, what else had Dayu lied about? What else is he hiding?

Does he really love me?

But his innocence, that was not fake. Our first kiss, our second kiss under the cherry blossoms. Those felt real.

And the first time we made love. The fear in his eyes. He didn't fake that. He couldn't have. It was so real!

But he can read! And he lied about his parents...

I don't know what to think anymore.

Mei looked at me with concern, "Captain, are you feeling fine?"

I turn to look at my second in command. I shook my head, "I feel tired..." I said honestly.

My mind feels tired. My heart feels like it has been attacked. I can't function well as the Captain of my troop if I am like this.

"Then you should rest Captain," Mei suggested.

"Should I?" I asked him tiredly.

"Of course," Mei looks more worried now. "Shall I ask someone to accompany you in your cabin?"

I shook my head, "No. I can do it on my own." I said slowly before I turn around and walk away. I didn't get to see how shocked my soldiers looked when I walk away from them.

I got to my cabin safely even though my mind felt like it is floating. I went straight to the raised bed and lay there sideways. My eyes riveted at my desk.

Dayu went through it that first night. I am becoming more and more sure of that. What he is looking for, I don't know. But if "The Shadow" is targeting my father, he must have asked his spy, Dayu, to get close to General Wang's son, which is me.

But Dayu doesn't know that he will end up sleeping in my cabin. I am the one that insisted on being his keeper and protector.

Did he just took advantage of that situation? Me volunteering to be his keeper does gave him an easier access to my personal things.

When I saw him folding my clothes, is he looking for something at my armoire too?

I close my eyes. Damn this is torture! Do I have to look at hidden meaning on everything that Dayu did?

What about us being lovers? Should I suspect that too? I was the one that pursued him! He went out of the camp to go to that uniform bunk and I pursued him there!

Did he planned that too? How impossible! How did he foresee that I will pursue him and fall for him? Nobody can foresee people's action and emotions. And I think I am not manipulated that way.

But...Dayu...

The cabin door opened suddenly. Dayu came rushing in.

"Captain, are you sick?" He looked so worried as he ran to my side and feel my forehead. "I saw your troop but not you so I asked Soldier Mei and he said you looked tired. Did you get the yellow fever?" His eyes are filled with fear for me.

Is this an act too? Is he just pretending to be concern about me?

But Dayu looked really scared with the thought that I am sick. I shook my head.