Our Fate

(Dayu's POV)

I saw confusion marred Captain Wang's handsome face. He was wondering what other reason could I possibly have for loathing his father. I gave the answer to him.

"Your father didn't kill my mother."

There. The real reason why I want to spill General Wang's blood.

Captain Wang shook his head, "I don't..."

"He didn't kill her," I swallowed the lump on my thoat as I remember the scene when the General Wang stood up after raping my mother. She was so still with her clothes torn and her face bloodied. "Instead he let her live to experience more hell,"

I look away from him. Facing the wall, "After your father, three more soldiers came to use my mother too. She was bloodied and broken already but Coronel Wang just told them to kill her afterwards. Three other soldiers who also became generals," I turn to give the captain a smirk.

His eyes widened. Of course he knew who I am talking about. Zhi, Chein and Liuwie. I disposed them right under their noses, in different manners.

"And I kill them because they didn't kill my mother too,"

Captain Wang shook his head. "I don't understand. Your mother survived? Isn't that a good thing..."

"Have you even been abused Captain Wang? Raped? No? Then how can you tell that surviving that was a good thing?"

His face turn paler. I sneered at him. "They should have killed her. They should have ended her pitiful life. Then she would have been spared of seeing her husband hanged like a slaughtered pig, blood drained from his body,"

I saw it too. My father hanged with the other strong abled men in our village. But that time, seeing my strong and dependable father dead in a makeshift gallow, all I can do was cry.

My mother on the other hand screamed like the other women from our village who lost a husband or a son in that horrible way.

"General Zong ordered them to be killed. They were farmers and sheperds but they were branded as rebels. Just to give themselves justification why they have to drain the blood of those men. Aren't they the monster, Captain Wang?"

I laugh bitterly, "They should have killed all of us. But that Captain, the official in Nanjing, he forced us to watch our family members die." I incline my head to the side, smirking at him, "So I made him watch as I kill every member of his family before I killed him. I poisoned them, even the children. I kill everyone in that household, why? Because I was merciful that way. Why should I let a small child live without any protection, so they will become like me? A person filled with hatred and desire for revenge? I killed them all so that official in Nanjing will understand what it feels like to watch a person you love die in front of you. But that official was lucky, I killed him after his whole family so he can be together with them. I was not given the same choice. I was forced to live and watch as my mother go crazy,"

(Qing's POV)

I blanched at what he said.

"S-she went crazy...?"

Dayu nodded, his eyes distant again. Emotionless. Like he was telling a story about someone else and not his life.

"Watching someone you love go insane, it was not a pretty sight. My mother, she used to be beautiful, cheerful and kind. But after seeing her husband hanging like that, she turned insane."

Dayu sighed as the lights from the torches flickerd in his face.

"After the raid was done, those who survived are forced to move. But how will my mother move when all she would do was hide and scream when someone will approach her. She doesn't recognize anyone, even her own son. She won't let anyone come near her. She wore dirty clothes on top of her torn clothes from that night. She will walk aimlessly, scream at people, laugh and cry at the same time. Sometimes calling my father's name and asking for help..."