Shattered Worlds

(Qing's POV)

"I still have to kill your father first,"

I swayed after hearing those words out of his mouth. His stand steady, his words are sure, his tone unwavering.

His eyes are determined.

Dayu is not lying. He is "The Shadow" and he has a clear unwavering intention to kill my father, General Wang.

"Because of that raid in the SiChuan border," I said in an almost lifeless tone. "You gave me that information on purpose, right?"

That lunch came back to me. He looked so innocent as he sat across from me, eating and talking about his life in SiChuan and what he knew about the assasin they called "The Shadow".

How clever of him. To talk about himself like it was nothing. To deceive me without even blinking those long lashes.

Dayu shrugged, "I gave you what you wanted. Informations about the assasin you have been looking for."

How can he stand there and shrug? When I feel like my world is shattering down around me?

"And you went through my desk that first night," I added. I am not asking, I already knew that he did it.

It's like the smoke blinding my eyes are blown away and I can see the picture clearer now.

He is "The Shadow". Dayu is...

He nodded, "I read that note that came to you about the Master General's arrival,"

I knew it, that note is the target. "And you lied to me the day after when I asked you if you go through my desk,"

He shrugged again, "Dayu is an innocent who doesn't know how to read. Why would he admit to going through your desk and reading that note,"

And he talks about himself in the third person now. "Is Dayu even your real name?"

"No," he answered too quickly. He is lying to me. Or at least telling me half truths. Dayu is not his real name but he was used to using it. Like a pet name.

"What else have you lied about?" I asked as I felt anger slowly rose inside me.

"What else have I not lied about? I have never said any truth to you. All of them are lies. That ambush while we are patrolling, the poisoned arrow, me saving your life. It was all orchestrated by me," he sounded proud. "So you will put your trust on me, on poor innocent Dayu,"

My hands fisted. He saw them. The corners of his lips lifted. Smile? He is smiling at me as he gave me the details of his lies. How wonderful of him!

How cold. Like a shadow.

"And you also pretended to have feelings for me? Tender feelings?"

Did you lied when you said you love me?

Will I have the strength to ask him that? Will I have the strength to know the answer? Will I have the strength to withstand it if he said he lied about that too?

"How about you?" Dayu said. "Did you really have tender feelings for me? Did you really wanted me?"

I open my mouth to say yes! I love him. But he...he asked.