Lovers

(Dayu's POV)

Our eyes meet.

The last seven summers had been kind to him. He aged gracefully. He looks more handsome, respected, powerful, stronger and more distinguished.

He still stood tall and straight in his new military uniform. His eyes, still piercing. His nose proud. His lips...those lips I dreamed so many times, look exactly the same.

He looks perfect...

And I wanted to run away from him.

I averted my gaze and look down. I walked to my traveling case and hefted it, "I think there has been a mistake. I am not sure I am the one you are looking for..."

"Dayu..."

I bit my lip to stop myself from gasping with the sound of my name from his lips. My eyes started swimming in tears.

I can't do this. I can't be like this. I barely survived the last seven years. This...this can kill me.

I have to escape...

"I'm sorry..." I moved to walk to the door.

"Isn't seven summers enough punishment for me?" He asked in steely tone. Then tortured, "I already endured seven years without you, isn't that enough? How many more years do I have to endure without you before you come to me? Tell me so I can at least make some plan..."

I close my eyes and tears fell. I gasped when I felt his strong arms embracing me from behind.

"When will you forgive me? When will you stop punishing me? When will you stop punishing us? Tell me Dayu..." he asked in begging tone.

I wiped my tears, pushed his arms away and turn to glare up at him.

I wonder how he...

Mei and Jiang! They keep on communicating with this man.

I wanted to laugh. My own cousin and his long time lover, betraying me. Except they kept their loyalty to Captain Wang.

No...he held a different position now.

"General Wang, I don't think this kind of behavior fits your high ranking. Let's just forget about this whole thing and let me go back..."

"Can I follow you?" he interrupted.

My eyes grew round. He chuckled. "Your eyes are still the same when they look surprised." I got more surprised, I dropped the case in my hand, when he captured my face between his hands. "My beautiful Dayu," he whispered wonderingly as his eyes roamed my face. "Life has been kind to you, my heart. You look more beautiful than in my memory. Just goes to show how reality is much better than dreaming."

He kissed me. I was so shocked I can't do anything but stand there and let him open my mouth for his agile tongue to come in and taste me.

He plundered my mouth. Taste every corner. Coaxed my tongue to play with his. I moaned and give in to my heart's desire. I kissed him back.

I tiptoed to put my arms around his nape. Kissed him back with the same fervor he gave to me. Kissing him until I can taste him. Until I feel breathless.

Then I pushed him away to lean my head against his shoulder.

My whole body is shaking. My heart ready to burst. I close my eyes as his arms embraced me once again.