Enough

(Qing's POV)

In the end, Dayu got what he wanted.

I watch as a cart entered the main gate of the base. It held the corpse of General Liuwie. He died from a poisoned darts that showered our scouting team.

"I am sorry Captain," Mei said somberly as he stood beside me. "We failed to protect the generals,"

Yes. We failed to protect the generals and ten other soldiers who died on that attack.

While Dayu escaped from me.

Some kind of warrior I am. Letting one sneaky assasin escaped from me.

I saw my father running with the other officials to meet the Master General who is entering the base.

"Master General!" My father exclaimed. From where I am standing a few feet away, I saw how my father's face paled when he saw the dead General Liuwie on the cart.

"Why don't you ask your father? Let's see if he will tell you the truth,"

I can still hear Dayu's taunting voice in my head. Telling me in so many words that if I wanted more information about that raid, I have to get it from my father.

Damn him! Why won't he just give it to me staight? Tell me everything! Why do I always have to feel my way in the dark? Looking for informations. Scrambling to know the truth.

While they both lied to me. My father. Dayu. They never gave me the full truths. All half truths and outright lies like they are both looking down at me. Like they won't trust me with the truth.

Well it will stop now. I want to know, what will make someone so bright like Dayu to turn to the dark side and seek revenge because of that raid that happened sixteen summers ago.

What happened in that raid? How did his parents really died? What happened for Dayu to fill himself with so much hatred he plans to kill even me and my sisters?

That woman from the border who somewhat resembles Dayu. Who is she? Is she Dayu's mother? Sister?

I have to know. Once and for all, the whole truth.

I walk to my father, ignoring my second in command when Mei called my name.

"I want to talk to you father," I said when I got to his side.

"Not now Wang Qing," my father's reply as he keeps his attention to the Master General.

"I want to talk to you, now." I put a demand on my tone.

"Wang Qing!" My father shouted angrily that makes people standing around to look at us.

"Captain Wang, I think this is not the time for you to show us how good you are at insubordination," General Zong interfere in annoyed tone.

I look at him, "I think this is the perfect time for me to say what I want to my father," I turn to stare at my father. "Especially when an assasin just threatened to kill me and my sisters because of him,"

My father's face paled. He gasped too. I kept my expressionless face and nodded at him, "Will you talk to me now? Or if not then at least release me from service so I can run to Beijing to protect my sisters,"