Chapter 30/BRIDGE OF LOVERS No this time really

Snapping out of my zone fest I went with Sam . We skipped two bridges both of which had thick stone and carried on. We passed what looked to be a huge stone cathedral. I wanted to stop and soak in all the incredible detail, but we didn't have time

"That's so what's the word?... big" said Harvey. "That looks just like Notre Dame cathedral from the Disney movie," said Harvey. 

" Maybe because it is" I said walking eyes searching for our bridge.

Harvey followed me "is she always this profound?" he asked.

"You've known her as long as I have" said Sam.

"Is he always this profound?" Harvey asked me.

"any why did Disney build a Cathedral here?" said Harvey. 

We got to a point in the river just after the Cathedral and noticed that that it went round both sides.

"Two rivers what are we going to do?" said Harvey in shock "What happens if these two rivers splits into two rivers and then these rivers all split again. "

"It's ok," I said looking up from the map "they built the Cathedral on an island the river goes round both sides and joins up"

"but... how did stone age man swim across the river with so many stone blocks to built this?" said Harvey. "and all the people had to swim here to go to church... I bet it's got good showers and changing rooms and stuff."

"How did you know this was built by stone age man?" I said looking around.

"Simple. It's made of stone" said Harvey.

"He has point," said Sam looking around. "hey look."

"Why do they do this?" I said looking at the locks.

"LoveLocks? Well the story goes back to the first world war. A local schoolmistress named Nada fell in love with a Serbian officer named Relja. They used to meet here. The story goes they never committed to each other Relja went to war where he fell in love with a local woman. Relja is trying to protect this local woman and in the process gets kill by his own people. Nada gets the news and never recovered from that devastating blow, and after some time she died due to heartbreak from her unfortunate love. So they say young women who wanted to protect their own loves, started writing down their names, with the names of their loved ones, on padlocks and affixing them to the railings of the bridge where Nada and Relja used to meet." said Sam.

"Is that True?" I said.

"Sort of. The story is Serbian. people think it's an ancient tradition but it only goes back to 2007 from an Italian book called I want You" said Sam.

"I quite like books making modern traditions. After all they have to come from some where"

As we got closer In the distance we could see a huge brass wall. As we approached I saw it was to made of a mass of locks. I held the key up looked at the parallel lines of locks and suddenly pitted the fish swimming beneath the bridge and having to survive the barrage of keys. We got close and saw locks attached to locks. It was a wall of brass.

"Wow it looks like some steam punk fetish convention," I said not knowing what to say. Thousands of locks all with tiny names written on them.

"How on Earth are you supposed to find one lock which match this key"?" said Sam looking at the solid wave of locks.

He walked to a wooden bench in the middle of the bridge and sat down in horror.

"No ship, no way home, no money and now n. Link to the labyrinth. " said Sam in frustration "I'm going to be killed."

Everything just kind of overwhelmed me to. I want and sat on the bench but on the opposite side.

I started looking around. It was a pedestrian bridge with the occasional young tree and at the far end was the huge complexity of an elaborate officiation looking building with columns and a huge dome which just screamed the word 'ARCHITECTURE' down a bull horn at you.

"Who wants to find the labyrinth? I never liked that movie anyway, it was a terrible movie only saved by having David Bowie in it" said Harvey.

I looked around.

"I've had an idea. Seriously give me a few minutes." I said.

"A million locks and you want to test them all in a few minutes. Be my guest it's impossible" said Sam.

What Sam didn't know was I had a plan.

**** 

A/N Thanks again for your reads on this week's Chapters.  So what has Katelyn got planned and why did Sam say someone would kill him ( Katelyn didn't notice why should you?) You'll have to hang on to find out why. Sorry about the change of name for the bridge Yeh we got it wrong! I blame Reb ( I blame RK (Reb)).  So we are celebrating tonight.  Yes we have reached 30 chapters!! The book has popped up to the highest chart position so far (#24). Which is a wonderful experience and entirely down to your ever welcome attention.  See you next week for chapters including Ask Nars for Ox Blood.

Hugs RK+Reb.