Chapter 40/Sailing for America

A/N Get ready for a slightly mad run up to the end of the season.  RK+Reb.

It was almost a day later and Marta Fretting, dad had failed to turn up to the meeting point. We had a long sit in the depths of the coffee shop ( actually tea shop)  waiting for him to turn up. To look more English, we had ordered an English cream tea. As the minute hand crawled over the clock, butterflies turned to worry. Worry turned anxiousness and four hours later anxiousness to despair. Finally, we had enough cream teas to last a life time and I sat decimated.

"Dad's gone" I finally admitted as much to my self as Marta. It was such a brief time together dad and I had together. I remember my Aunt dying and wishing I could have one last hour with her. To say good bye, to say the things people never say to each other. I had just had that opportunity with dad and in the end squandered it.

"What am I going to do?" I said in all hopelessness.

Marta fixed me with a steely gaze.

"What are you going to do?" said Marta. "you're going to do what you always do. You're going to fight."

At this point Marta grabbed me by my shoulders I'm pulled me so I looked straight at her.

"You're going to fight and win" she added.

"Me? How? Why?" I said.

"I don't know how but I do know it's you. Your mother and sister are being held in a maximum security prison. Your dad is likely to be taken there. Your mother knows how to cure everyone and your dad is the leader or something of the resistance. They are going to torture him until the entire resistance is wiped out. Only you love them enough to rescue them. We going are to do this. You are going to do this sister."

Marta wiped away my tears roughly.

"Tears are for losers, and you haven't even shown them your mean side yet. You haven't even got started. I know this because I know you, Katelyn. I know you better than you know your self. I know that when there is a mean bear eating your family you rip that bear's head off. It's time for your war face K." Marta added.

I took a deep breath. Looked up and spoke.

"What do we have to do?" I said. 

"Get into a maximum security I rescue you your mum, your sister and possibly dad." Said Marta. "you can have that with a side order of finding the stock pile of cure. The usual impossible mission" 

"OK, what resources have we got?" I said.

"A luxury yacht, a test tube with about 5 to 10 doses in it, out of work professor and an angry lesbian, " said Marta confidently. 

I closed my eyes, drank some coffee and moments later opened them.

"OK, I have a plan. Let's get our asses back to America then we need to find a coffee cart" I said.