Chapter 44/The general unmasked

The general looking at the guns pointing out started to unzip his yellow bio contamination suit. He stepped out and then pulled his gas mask off.

"oh my god its you" I said.

When he took his mask off I immediately recognised Sam.

"OMG it's TDM" said Marta in shock.

I groaned realising my own stupidity. Sam smiled sheepishly back.

"it was it you that day, in the coffeeshop."

Sam smiled cockily back at me "I guess the show is up" he said looking at the guns pointing at him "yeah, it was me in the coffeeshop. Things weren't going well convincing the old man that I was genuinely possessed. So I thought the best thing to do would be to arrest him. I knew something was up when Alexander is strong walks in the shop. It made no sense someone like him stopping for coffee. I do have something to thank him for"

"surprise me," I said.

"after the arrest I realised Alexander had a thing about you. So I left a bug the shop watched you from a distance. I know this sounds strange but the more I watched you the more I wanted to be with you. It was sometimes after the fourth hour I realised I more than I really like you, I love you. Ever since then I've been following you, protecting you. I followed you to the bone yard and you were lucky, a stray bit of satellite junk dropping from orbit stopped my snipper, before I got there my self to protect you. At I just told everybody it was being thorough and wanting to use you to contact the resistance I will follow you back. Who would know that would turn out to be true. I have now been credited with taking down the largest possessed network in the world."

What I heard was "YA YA YA YA YA YA YA I love you YA YA YA YA..."

I looked at him. "you love me?"

"I love you so deeply it's like having A new organ in my body. I can feel it, it's like having a second heart" admitted Sam.

I was feeling flattered. It was like having Joseph Stalin send me a text message saying 'your really cute'. It torn me in two directions, like being given Golden Championship cup but being told that it was filled up with Melania Trump's toe nail clippings.

"That's wonderful and revolting at the same time" I said "what is that. IS there a name for that kind of feeling?"

"I don't know is it Wonvolting or reunderfull." Said Marta helpfully. "Awe-pulsive ?perhaps"

"Change of plan" I said to Marta.

"Waz up" said Marta.

"We are also going to rescue Alexander," I said stepping into Sam's suit.

"Okey dokey" said Marta cheerfully. 

"We will probably get caught, but I'm going down fighting," I said. 

"I know," said Marta "I knew that back before I had the cure. I've known it most of your life." 

Marta turned to Sam and shurgged. "What can I say she rocks my world." 

Sam tilted his head in nochalant agreement "yeah she does that"

There was an orange prisoner's uniform waiting for me. They actually had them in different sizes so I got Sam to get into the prisoner's uniform.

"You understand I can no longer protect you if go through this," said Sam.

"You understand," I said before pulling on the respirator mask. "if you stepped out of line, they are going to blow your brains out. Firstly you're going to take as to my parents. After that, we are going to pay Alexander a visit before we leave there is one last place to check out."

Sam sneered "you really think you can escape?"

"OK yeah," I said confidently.

*****

Pretending to be the General made our progress very easy. We marched along, everybody knew Ness he was now on our side. They all have assumed the bio suited guy with him ( me ) was the general. No one recognised Sam without his Bio suit on, had been very careful to make sure no one knew his real identity. This way he could be both a spy and the general. The Pentagon turned out to be larger than I thought. We marched along quietly. Ness newly on my side and feeling awful about everything he had ever done while stupid guiding us.

"I normally get lost around here" he said we turned up to a grey junction. "Now I know, we have to go left to get right."

I looked around "where does that go?" I said. Sam said nothing. 

"Come on General odiousballs" said Marta poking Sam with her rifle. 

"It leads to the biosegregation wing" said Ness.

"It's where the president and his staff are hiding out. They are sealed off in there when we first discovered the virus was striking." Sam added grumpily "that was is the evaluation center."

We continued on until we go to the evaluation center. At the door were more guards.

"Sir. Good morning General" said one of the guards saluting.

"Stop being stupid. It's good afternoon. now let me in" I said. The voice distorted came out not unlike his.

The guard saluted and opened the door.

"You be careful with that possessed. He's really evil" said one of the guards to me casually while looking at Sam "good thing he's a mute"

"What makes you say that private?" I said.

The soldier saluted again "Sir He keeps moving his mouth saying something but I can't hear anything. Typical Mute trick Sir."

That comment earnt a groan of despair from Sam.

My mouth felt like I had been gargling sand and salt mouth wash. I had a lump in my throat the size of an apricot seed.

I turned to Ness "next time he moves his mouth like that punch his teeth out."

"Sir yes sir," said Ness, Saluting.

*****

The section had more guards but they were more interested in stopping people coming out rather than letting people in. We entered an area with rows of blue metal doors. At least I think they were a dark navey blue under the tinted respirator mask it was hard to be sure.  

We continued and Ness guided us to my mother's cell. It was empty. 

"What have they done to you Mom?" I said in tears looking through the tiny cell window. 

"They moved us to a larger cell," said a voice. 

****

A/N OK bit a slim chapter - We are not eeking it out. RK's writing from the new house with a recently installed Internet connection( like installed today ) . I love new internet smell don't you? RK. More soon!