*chapter two*

I was awoken by the slamming of a door. Ashton was home. I swear that boy has no consideration for anyone else at the moment.

“Babe” he called, reinforcing his arrival into the apartment.

I didn’t want to talk to him, so I kept my head on the pillow, facing away from the door.

His footsteps got louder as he approached the bedroom. The door flung open, light from the living room startling me.

“Jesus Ashton what time is it?” I gasped angrily sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

I peered down to the clock that was on my bedside table. 12.30am. I had to get up for work  in six hours.

“How was work?” he asked throwing his hat onto the floor, light waves and curls flopping onto his sun kissed skin.

I threw my head back down on the pillow refusing to talk to him. He didn’t even seem to know that he had done wrong. Like normal Ashton had waltzed in here with no cares in the world.

“Band practice was mental today babe! Like seriously the best one we have ever had. I think we wrote like 3 new songs” Ashton ecstatically shouted as he went into the bathroom to get ready for bed. “Luke thought it would be a good idea to order pizza half way through though. Then we just got really hyper and couldn’t focus on anything! Man I love those boys” he continued stripping down to his boxers.

His body was toned outlines of abs just gracing his skin. Ashton hated the gym, but I didn’t really mind. Muscle’s had never been a turn on for me.

“Calum and maybe Luke are going to crash here tomorrow night since band rehearsal is here. Michael’s going out for his mum’s birthday though” He informed me pulling back to covers on his side of the bed.

Usually at this point I would groan at the mention of his band members names, and telling Ashton to ‘Fuck off are they staying here’. But I contained myself. So I didn’t have to face him I turned over so that my eyes were looking at the wall and not him.

“So Calum and Luke as usual will have the pull out sofa in the living room, that means we can’t be loud tomorrow night…if you catch my drift” Ashton cheekily suggested.

I could feel him getting closer to me, and it wouldn’t be long until his arms wiggled their way around me pulling me into his chest. He liked to sleep with his head resting on my shoulder and his arms wrapped me.

“You’re working until 7pm tomorrow right? I can pick you up if you like?” he asked his arms making contact with my body.

He can pick me up? Oh like today?

I squirmed out of his reach nearly falling out of bed while doing so. There was no way we were cuddling tonight. Alyce Ramos was not going to let him get away with that.

His body retreated and he sat up in a similar fashion to me. His face was a pure expression of confusion.

“You alright babe?” He asked

I just glared at him.

“Bad day at work?”

How could he be so dumb? Like seriously? Did I really not have any idea what he had done to me?

“No. Work was fine. Uni was good” I snapped

“Then what’s wrong sugar plum?” he chuckled at the moment he realized what he said had just rhymed

Letting out a loud frustrated sigh I rolled my eyes at his comment. The thing with Ashton, is he actually has a really good memory; if it’s important to him.

“Well Ashton I did have to walk home in the dark, at 9:45pm. Past the park from the Plaza”

He still didn’t understand or remember that he was meant to pick me up. It makes me wonder how much he actually cares for me.

“Why didn’t you just get the bus sweetie? And I swear you finish work at 6.30pm?” He chuckled

Wow.

“I would have got the bus if I hadn’t spent the last of my money on a pair of custom drum sticks for you” I started. His eyes lit up. “But I think I will return them tomorrow. Since my boyfriend can’t keep his promises.”

He looked so shocked. However I don’t think it was at the latter of my sentence rather the fact that I was going to return his present.

“Promise what promise? Can I see them?”

“Ashton, you were meant to pick me up at 6.30pm from work. You promised last night. In fact you even text me in law class reminding me that you were picking me up!” I replied, my voice getting louder and harsher.

“You should be used to plans changing though Alyce. I probably sent a text but forgot to press send. You know how it is princess”

I could feel the anger building up inside of me, except this wasn’t real anger. I didn’t feel like I was going to explode. I felt as if I was going to cry. And I don’t cry. I’ve never been a crier. Ever. Ashton however could bring the tears out in me, and he wasn’t even trying too.

“Just because I may be used to it, does not mean it doesn’t hurt” I spat earning a very unimpressed look from Ashton. It was almost a look of disgust.

That was the last thing I intended to speak to him tonight. It was nearing 1am and I had to be early to get ready for class. I shuffled back down into bed and rested my head back onto the pillow. I could hear Ashton doing the same. He didn’t even have anything to say to me. No Sorry. But then again he wouldn’t really mean it. He never does.

I let out a deep breath as I held the tears in. I was not going to let them make an appearance. Because Ashton simply wasn’t worth my tears.

Being in Australia was right for my future I knew that, but sometimes I wish I had never come out here or that my family was here too. For Ashton was really the only person I knew here and I don’t think I know him anymore. Sure I had made plenty of friends at both work and university but I didn’t have a best friend here or family. And I’m not too sure how much longer I would have Ashton for.

--

Thanks for reading :)

I hope that you enjoyed this part! Please give this story shoutouts and recommened it your wattpad friends or link it to twitter!

Many people will know that I do like to create drama (as seen frequently in Dear Zayn and Dear Sahara) so dont expect anything less in Holographic

Elle x