*chapter fourteen*

A.N

I have decided to do a 'My top 3 books of the week' - Basically a book where I recommend by favourite 1D/5SOS fanfics of the week! Send me suggestions sweeties!

-Alyce-

The last time Luke was asleep in my bed everything was so different. Ashton was here and my head was perfectly clear, the only thing I had to worry about was his stupid friends. I watched the lad soundly snooze as I laid next to him. 

After I dragged him back to my apartment we sat on my bed chatting for nearly two hours. He listened to everything I had to say, commenting every so often but there wasn't much he could say. We didn't talk about Ashton, I couldn't talk about him anymore and in my eyes there wasn't anything else to say on that subject, he wasn't here and despite my worries I was starting to lose interest in his lack of communication. I told him all about England and about my brothers and how on a Saturday morning I would take them to their football matches in Battersea Park. 

I missed my brothers more than anything and the fact that I was going to miss their birthday really sucked. More often than not I was hoping my mum would miss me too much and just jump ship to come and live her in Sydney; however that was an impractical thought. It would never happen. 

Looking towards Luke who had fallen asleep on his stomach as we laid there talking. Our heads so close that I could feel his breath on my cheeks every time he said something. I find it incredible how much your opinion on someone can change in such a short time. Whether it was because he had feelings for me or whether he did just want to be a good friend, Luke was winning major Alyce points. The last few days had been an eye opener in so many ways.

I had since sat up and scrolled through twitter.

Another eye-opener was Michaels behaviour yesterday, while he started off in normal Mikey attitude he did start to ease off and actually become somewhat nice to me. He had always been sarcastic and that was never something I would have picked out as one of his flaws; I love sarcasm. I just didn't love how he always felt the need to grass up someone or drop them in the middle of an awkward moment. I’m 100% sure he knows he does it and I’m also certain that he enjoys it. He likes watching people squirm under his control. 

For the first time since Ashton forgot to pick me up, I was doubting our relationship. I’ve never been one to be the needy girlfriend, but surely if I meant something to him he would have at least told me where he was going or that he was okay. The torture of the unknown was killing me. 

I let out a huge groan and threw myself back down against the mattress with more force than I had anticipated. As the force of my body made the mattress bounce slightly, Luke’s sleeping body also moved. He rubbed his eyes with his fists to reveal his blue eyes although they were still half asleep.

“Everything okay little one” He softly asked rolling over on to his back and stretching his long limps out.

I couldn't believe that I was about to completely open up to a boy who little than a week ago hated my guts and I hated his.

“I just can’t sleep Lukey. I’m trying to block Ashton out of my head but I can’t. I just can help but think this is my fault” I gushed slamming my arms onto the bed beside me.

He let out a long breathe before pulling me onto his body slightly.

“Come here little one. He will be fine, and I’m not just saying that. Ashton is a sensible guy. He’s probably checked into a hotel. And I can promise that it wasn't anything you’ve done. You’re perfect in my- i mean his eyes” He murmured into the top of my head as he played with my hair.