*chapter nine*

-Ashton-

"I'm sure Luke doesn't need you by his side all night...I thought you were my girlfriend" I whined as I attached my hands to her hips and suggestively kissed her neck.

Alyce is very caring, it is one of the things that drew my to her. We were in the 'Pitstop Cafe' where she works; there was a little boy and he had grazed his knee in the playground opposite. He was crying hysterically, but Alyce bandaged him up and comforted him while his mother watched on. She didn't stop until she knew he was okay, and then made him a strawberry milkshake. 

"I am your ducky Ashy, but his temperature isn't going down boo" She replied turning around and leaning her head onto my chest. 

It was nearing 11pm, Luke had been groggy all afternoon and Alyce had been waiting on his hand and foot more or less for all of that time. She made him endless tea and sat with him while he drank it, she massaged his head and his back and then she even ran a bath for him. Thankfully she didn't sit with him while he had, I draw the line at anything flirty between them. 

"i'm sure he'll be better in the morning, probably one of those 24 hour bug things" I spoke kissing her forehead. 

Since Luke had our bed, we were using the sofa bed. I had never slept on it before, and I didn't totally understand why I was sleeping on it tonight. Luke would have been perfectly fine on it. But Alyce insisted that he have our bed. 

"We should get away from Sydney for a few days, we could go to the coast or something. I feel I never see you anymore" I suggested. It was the truth, we hadn't been together much recently. With the band taking off, that was where all of my time was spent.

"I'd love that, but only when Lukey is better" She replied as the stretched up and kissed my jawline.

I know she has nicknames for me and stuff, but Lukey? Really? 

"He will be better trust me! Lets just get some sleep, it will look different tomorrow" I said

She murmured 'ok' against my chest. Her eyes were almost closing shut. When ducky is sleepy she is the cutest and cuddliest and thats my favourite Alyce. I love her all the time, but cuddly Alyce is the best. I get to wrap my arms around her and keep her close all night, the body heat keeping us warm. Since Luke was crashed out in our bedroom and neither of us wanted to disturb him, I stripped down to my boxers and gave Alyce my tank to sleep in. It was big on me meaning it was huge on her. 

Alyce crept onto the sofa bed, pulling the covers over her as she did. I turned the lights out and then made my way into bed as well. It was smaller than our bed, but I was in no way complaining. All it meant was that I was closer to her, our skin touching all night. 

The room was dark, Alyce had snuggled right into my side, Luke was finally asleep and not taking Alyce away from me, this was perfect.

"I really hope Lukey is okay" Alyce whispered.

"He's a big boy, he'll be fine. Stop worrying ducky" I replied 

"I love you froggy" she murmured tightening her grip on my hand.

4am the next morning

Recently I had not slept well. I'd wake up earlier than usually and I hated it. Never in my life had I been an early riser. 

The sofa bed had been more comfortable than I expected but it certainly wasn't as cosy as my actual bed. Unusually for April, I could hear the rain spitting outside. Rolling over expecting to snuggle with my girlfriend, I rolled over into empty space. The bed now seemed cold.