*chapter sixteen*

-Alyce-

“Yes thats right officer. He picked me up from class and then we got back to the apartment, I got changed and when I was changed he was gone. I haven't heard nor seen him since” I spoke into the phone as I clutched onto Luke’s hand.

It had now been 48 hours since I had last seen him. I was going to call after 24 hours but I kept scaring myself out due to the possible outcomes. What happens if I report him missing and they find his body? I couldn't deal with that.

“Thank You. I hope he returns home safely too” I said as I proceeded to hang up the phone. 

It was now Thursday, I had called my teacher to let her know the circumstances and asked Lorde to send me any work I miss. Luke had not left my side since I called him over, he even asked his brother to drop some clean clothes round to Ashton and my apartment so that he wouldn't leave me.

I looked down to my clothed body which was dressed in his marvel superhero tank top tucked into some denim shorts. I hated this whole situation. I have no idea where he is, what he is doing and who he is with. For all I know he could be dead. 

I slammed my body down into the sofa. My eyes closing as I hit the plush cushions. Luke’s body gently sat down next to me, his arm snaking around my back and pulling me into his side. I honestly don't know how I would have survived this without him, but after all it is his best friend too.

“My mum just asked if you wanted to come over for dinner. I told her you probably wouldn't but I said i’d ask anyway” Luke babbled looking at his phone.

A cooked meal would be nice, and I had loved being Luke the last few days. It would also give him the chance to have a proper meal and a shower in his own house as well as get some clothes.

“I’d actually really like that Lukey. I mean if she is okay with that” I replied kissing his knuckles.

He grinned out me and reciprocated the affection by laying his lips onto my forehead and pressing them forcefully. 

“No she’d love too. Then I can pick up a few bits, I mean if you still want me to stay here” He laughed.

I don’t think I could ever repay Luke for how incredibly amazing he has been the last few days. Considering I only asked him to stay one night, I honestly don't think I would have coped if he wasn't there.

“Do you mind coming back?” I softly asked with big puppy dog eyes.

Luke smiled back and dramatically pulled me across his lap his hand supporting my head. With his free hand he ‘bopped’ my nose before leaning down and kissing it.

“Of course not, I just want you to be okay” He replied 

We lay there for a number of minutes, neither of us saying anything but our eyes locked onto each others. His blue eyes as deep as the ocean. Okay Alyce that was very cliche. I  would never have imagined having this sort of relationship with Lukey Hemmings. Though I guess it goes to show that you really cant judge someone without getting to know the real them; even if it has taken nine months to get to this point I am really glad I gave him the chance.

“What time are we going over to yours?” I asked closing my eyes and relaxing further into Lukeys hold of me.

His had moved a number of pillows underneath my head while his hand played with me hair. I was beginning to think he had something about my hair, he loved playing with it. Not that I am complaining, it is one of the best feelings in the world.

He looked at the watch on his free wrist before answering “My mum said she’ll serve at 6pm, so maybe leave here at 5pm?” 

I grabbed his arm so I could see what the time was. 4:15pm, I had 45 minutes to get ready. I leaned up from the pillows meaning I was now sat on his lap like a little child meeting santa. My arms snaked around his neck and his hand sat on the small of my back.