*chapter twenty-two*

Chapter 22

-Alyce-

I don't think I have ever broken someone's heart as much as I have broken Ashton's. Watching him break down and scream was horrible and knowing I caused it was even worse.

After Ashton and Calum left I practically broke down in Mikey's arms as Luke looked on. He was in shock, I don't blame him. Nobody expected Ashton to explode like that. In all honesty it was rather scary yet it didn't take anything away from the fact that I did deserve it; we both did. I cheated on Ashton with his best friend.

"Eat something Alyce...it will help" Mikey ensured passing me a chocolate bar.

I stared at the purple wrapped bar before taking it from his hand. He had told me that I wasn't to go home until Ashton had calmed down and sobered up, not that I was in any rush to get home. Instead he said I was staying here and Luke was going to stay too.

"I don't want too...I can't. I feel too bad" I replied dropping the bar on the coffee table.

How could I eat at a time like this? I felt Mikey's gaze on me, his eyes trailing my body as I lay there. It wasn't a harsh stare nor a lustful stare, it was a gaze of hopefulness. A smile reached his face as I took a tiny bit of the bar just to make him happy.

"You'll feel better...chocolate helps all girls right?" He chuckled.

For the first time since Ashton left I smiled and that seemed to make Luke happy too. His arms pulled me into his chest and he snuggled me slightly. Despite what Ashton said, I still didn't regret what I did. I mean...look at Luke.

Mikey said down on the sofa next to me as well and offered me the rest of the chocolate bar. Politely I shook my head and told him that he could have the rest. He obliged and eat the whole thing in one bite.

As I snuggled in Luke's warm embrace and watched Mikey eat numerous foods I realised that I didn't actually know much about him. I knew he played guitar and dyed his hair every month but apart from that we were practically strangers.

"Do you have a girlfriend Mikey?" I asked still leaning onto Luke.

He shook his head almost instantly and laughed a little bit.

"Nope, but there is a girl I'm talking to. She's pretty cool" He replied getting his phone out of his pocket and showing me a picture.

She was really pretty and looked like she was into all the same music as him. In the picture she was wearing an All Time Low tour t-shirt that was mainly covered by her curly hair.

"My turn to ask a question" Michael announced looking at myself and the blonde lad behind me.

He looked rather deviously as a smile cracked his face.

"How many times did you actually do it...and don't lie" He queried laughing to himself.

In the most cliche way, I could feel my cheeks starting to burn a scarlet colour. Peering around to Luke he was similarly changing colour. The question was not something I really wanted to answer but he had been looking after me.

"Are you going to tell Ashton?" Luke chimed in a rather embarrassed and worried tone.

I expect Luke was silently fretting out. While he seemed cool and collected and that he didn't care, I could see it in his eyes that he really wanted to runaway and cry. He might have just lost his best friend...That is if Ashton even remembers everything that went down. After all he was very drunk.

Mikey shook his head and I actually felt comfortable telling him.

"Like four times...I think" Luke answered squeezing my arm.

Of course Michael burst into laughter and put his hand up to high five Luke, before realising that that was slightly inappropriate.

"Wait...wait...you think? How can you think?" Mikey blasted still trying to hold onto his laughter.

I pulled on the blue plaid shirt that Luke was wearing for no particular reason, only that I had been wearing it while Ashton was away. It was still infused with some of my perfume which was quite awkward; it smelt like both Luke and I much like my bedroom at home.

"Five times then" I stated doing my best to end the conversation.

This time Luke actually did high five Mikey leaving me sat there awkwardly in the middle. However I did laugh it off.

-

Michael had gone up to bed about 3am, leaving Luke and I on the two sofas. I could tell that he was dozing off but pretending to be wide awake for my sake. Just in case Ashton and Calum decided to make an impromptu visit we thought it would be best for us to not share a sofa.

Even though he wasn't even three metres away, I missed Luke. I missed the comfort of falling asleep next to him and while the gut wrenching pain of breaking Ashton's heart should have taken priority, in this moment it hadn't.

The lights were dimly lit in the living room so I could only just make out Luke's face, but he had not done anything to his hair so the shadow formed around his quiff. The way his was laying reminded me of the first time I saw a different side to. The day he was ill and I let him stay in our bed, the day of our first kiss.

"You still awake Lukey?" I whispered.

I could hear the movement on his sofa, I was surprised that he could actually fit comfortably on the sofa. His long limps stretched over the arms of the leather sofa.

"Yeah...you okay little one?" He murmured into response.

I could tell that he wasn't really awake. I knew he wanted to sleep but only responded because I spoke.

"I just want to make sure you're okay..." I said trailing off.

"I'm fine, you're my main concern. I hated seeing you cry earlier one. It broke me" Luke replied honestly.

This boy was perfect I swear. In some ways I wish I had of been able to get to know this Luke, not the Luke I did get to know in the first place.

Just as I was about to reply, I got a text from a number that I didn't know. It didn't come up with a name so I knew that I didn't have them in my contacts. Confused as to who it could be, I opened the message.

It simply read:

"Can we talk?"

"Luke, do you know who's number is 0479 045 325 is?" I queried reading the number from my phone.

His face lit up as he got his phone from the lamp table. The ring in his lip reflected the light as well.

"Er....Thats Cal's number?" He responded in a very shocked tone.

What the hell would Calum want with me...or was it Ashton trying to get hold of me?

----------------------------

A.N

I hope you liked this chapter...felt it was bit weak and short but oh-well! But picture of Luke on the side...Kinda how I imagine him in this chapter - just not as happy ofc

Also if you are liking this story please check out my Calum Hood story called Family Ties. There is one part up for grabs (Mikeys on/off love interest)