*chapter twelve*

**Before you guys read check out imstillthatgirl43 book reviews and suggestions! She wrote one on my summer story Ventilation as well she is writing an amazing story called Dream Catchers (5sos) 

-Alyce-

“Okay Lorde. Bye Lorde” I said waving my apparent new best friend off onto her bus. 

I know I complained about not having many good friends out here in Sydney and that I would like maybe a girl to hang out with, go shopping with and things however ungrateful as it sounds I didn't mean Lorde. I’m sure she is a lovely girl, but she is more obsessed with Ashton and his band than I am. How is that even possible.

Thinking of Ashton, I was still wondering why he had failed to fill me in on his gig. The Eventium is such a big deal and I’m so proud of him. He had not text me back as of five minutes ago when I last checked my phone. This time I was determined not to jump to conclusions. 

I walked back to the car park where he was picking me up from when my phone buzzed revealing a text from Lorde. Jesus christ how did she even get me number? It read ‘Hey bestie, just seeing if you wanted to go shopping sometime. You have awesome sense and Ashton would be able to hold so many bags with those biceps of his xxx”.

Okay, so three things wrong with that text. 

1) We aren’t besties and in the nicest way possible we probably won’t ever be

2) I couldn't even survive law class with her, somehow I doubt i’d be able to survive a whole shopping trip with her

and 

3) Ashton doesn't even lift.

Deciding to ignore the text for now and reply later I jumped into Ashton’s car that was parked in one of the bays. He looked at me really apologetically before pressing his lips against mine.

Ash why di-“ I started as his lips cut me off from speaking.

His breathing was heavy

No let me speak” he replied almost instantly 

I tried to butt in to finish my sentence but he gently placed his index finger onto my lips. 

“I’m sorry I didn't tell you…I wanted to and technically I thought you knew. But we were having problems and you kept saying that the band meant more to me than you! So if I told you ‘oh hey babe we just booked this huge gig’ I’d have felt awful. I’m so sorry Ducky” Ashton apologised holding my hands in his. 

I was about to reply when I noticed his eyes. They were slightly bloodshot and the sockets were red. What had happened when I was at class because surely this wasn't all caused by him not telling me. 

I wasn’t angry you didn't tell me, I was hurt. I thought we told each other these things. But don’t worry froggy, I lub you” I smiled cupping his cheek and kissing his nose gently. 

The skin around his eyes was puffy but as soon as I went to touch it again he shifted his face. Something was definitely wrong with him. 

And i’m so proud of you” I added as he turned his head to face the road. I guess we were done talking.

I was looking forward to an afternoon in with Ashton watching TV and generally enjoying each others company. It had been a while since it had just been use without interference with the other boys, however I had been enjoying Luke’s company. For reasons that perhaps were more obvious to him than I.