Coming Home - The Sequel to Holographic and Counterfeit

"Its like coming home after a long trip, thats what love is like. It's like coming home."

Luke•Alyce•Ashton

April 2018

Extract from Chapter Four

We sat in silence for a few minutes before Michael piped up, "So how have you been, really?" He hesitates to ask.

Asking how i'd been wasn't a simple question, and it didn't have a simple answer because i'm fine now, but a year ago I was still distraught over the events that had happened.

The weeks after they left I was fine, but then it hit me that they weren't coming home and then I wasn't fine. It was a constant cycle of being ok, and then crying on the bathroom floor asking why it had happened.

I suppose the saddest part of it all was that I didn't see it coming, and then I found myself inadvertently saying goodbye to people and one person who I thought I was going to spend my whole life with.

So how had I been? Short answer, a mess.

"I'm okay now, and that is what matters, I suppose." I confessed bluntly but with pain behind my words.

It wasn't easy sitting in front of Luke and Michael and telling them how much it had hurt me, because deep down I'm sure they knew that. I'm 99% sure it was just as difficult for them to sit in front of me, but they had the power of numbers.

"Alyce, I'm so sorry for everything." Luke apologised reaching over and placing his hand over mine.

As if by instinct I pulled it away quickly, but the spark was still there and I so wished that I could let him comfort me, but he was the reason for my pain.

"There is no point in being sorry." I stated, "Because sorry doesn't change where we are now." I bitterly sneered.

Luke looked at me with disappointed frown, "All the things we used to dream about they don't mean what they did before, huh?" He inquired.

I looked blankly at him, "Luke don't use your own lyrics against me." I said.

He glared back confused, "But we released that song only six months ago," Michael gasped surprisedly.

I nodded. Just because I wasn't a fan of them, didn't mean I wasn't a fan of their music. I always liked their music even way back. I loved the lyrics they wrote and always got Ashton to sing their new songs to me that they were working on.

"You see, all that was in my head were pictures, memories, and words that you had said to me." I admitted, "But that's all they are now, memories." I added looking at both of the boys.