*chapter five*

I could feel Luke and Calum’s gaze burning into the back of my head. They didn’t want me here, that was obvious; but unlike usual I was going to stay. I had this feeling that Ashton wanted me around, and I hadn’t felt that feeling in a while. He admitted that he wasn’t the best boyfriend; it shouldn’t, but I think it made my love him even more. We haven’t fully said ‘I love you’ to each other yet, of course we always said ‘love you’ but he hadn’t told me he was in love with me, which called me old fashioned but have two totally different meanings.

“So can we order pizza now?” Calum pressed, I could hear the frustration in his voice.

In all honesty I have no idea why he is irritated because I could quite easily have sold both him and Luke out to Ashton.

“Sure! Alyce, babe, can you get the menu” Ashton asked kissing my forehead ever so gently.

Since he asked so nicely I walked into the kitchen which joined onto the living room and pulled the menu from the draw. I’m not so sure why they even needed a menu, it’s not like they ever order anything different. Luke has pepperoni, Mikey orders Hawaiian, Ash orders margarita and Calum just eats all of it. Never the less I got the menu and passed it to Calum who snatched it out of my hands.

Ashton had made himself comfortable on the sofa opposite Luke and Calum so I sat next to him snuggling into his side. For the first time in ages he accepted it and clutched my hand in his. I peered up to him and he had done the same thing to me. Our eyes met and locked on to each other. He gave a cheeky but friendly wink as Luke began to talk.

“Dude should we even bother being here? You’re clearly only interested in her” Luke snapped pointing directly at me.

This moment would define mine and Ashton’s relationship. If he stood up for me, maybe he had realized that he had not been treating me right.

“Luke, the fuck man?” He responded still holding onto my hand, but tightening his grip.

“It’s fine Ash, I didn’t mean to intrude on band night. Just let me know when pizza is here!” I smiled getting up from the sofa and Ashton’s warm embrace.

I actually didn’t mind leaving; Ashton had proven to me that he did value our relationship and me. That was all the mattered to me and in all honesty I would prefer my own company rather than the awkwardness of sitting with dumb and dumber.

“No it’s not babe” Ash responded sharply as he pulled my hand back down and consequently my body back down to the sofa. “You are staying here. This is your apartment too and besides I want you to stay” he added

What was Ashton doing. He had proved that he was going to change. This was very out of character. Well, if he wanted me to stay I couldn’t argue with that.

Calum and Luke let out huge sighs as they threw their large bodies against the back of the sofa.

“Jesus boys, what did I ever do to you to deserve this?! What did I do to deserve you to hate me?” I burst out of exasperation