*chapter twenty-one*

- A s h -

Since Alyce was out with Luke, god knows why she is out with him. I decided I was going to get my main man round. I called up Calum telling him to get to mine ASAP and then we would chill. 

I was searching mine and Alyce's room for the keys for the balcony. We had not used it in ages but I knew this was the perfect occasion as the weather was finally decent. I looked in all the usual places and even in the bathroom cupboard (don't ask) but still couldn't find it. I was about to text Alyce when I remembered that she kept all the keys in her draw beside her bed.

Usually I wouldn't look through it without her approval since I'm a good boyfriend, but tonight I didn't bother to ask. Opening the door it revealed various girly things like vaseline and her diary, a few polaroid pictures, an A grade essay and finally the key I was looking for. 

Just as I was about to pick it out, I noticed something unusual. An open box of condoms. 'Thats a bit weird'  I thought to myself. She told me were out of condoms before I left for my little trip to the city, and we were because I checked myself. So why did she now have an opened box of 9 condoms, but with only 5 in there. They weren't even the usual brand we used. 

Deciding the leave it until Calum got here and take his advice I left them and picked the key up. 

Closing our bedroom door the buzzer rang and it was Calum. I buzzed him up and a few minutes later I let him in. He had brought a crate of beer and a bottle of vodka. Good lad.

"How you doing bro?" He asked putting the beer and bottle on the side.

Before answering him, I opened the box and got myself out a beer and one for Calum. I flicked the top open and took a long sip. God that tastes good. Brings back so many memories.

"Yeah I'm good. Is it bad that I might still be hungover?" I laughed downing even more of the liquid.

Calum laughed in agreement and took a few more beers out of the box as we made our way over to the balcony door. I turned the key and slid the door across, the humid air hitting our skin. 

Considering we hadn't used the balcony in such a long time it was in a pretty good condition. I took the covers off of the chairs and threw them in the living room area. Calum put the spare beers on the little table in front of the chairs as we both sat down to admire the average view of the apartment complex grounds. 

"The gig was insane right?" Calum cooly expressed sipping on his drink and relaxing down in the chair. 

For a first proper gig we totally outdid ourselves. We had started gaining a little bit of a following which was awesome. I love that people like our music. We had sold the Eventium out which is a pretty big deal. 

"It really was, but god damn the after party. Now that was MENTAL" I enthused.

We, that being Mikey, Cal and I went to Jaspers a local night club and partied hard well into the morning. Some of the fans that are old enough joined us too which made even better. We all got smashed and probably ended up necking random girls. Luke told us he wasn't up for it but obviously he spent the night with my girlfriend...

"Jesus Ashton I don't even remember half of that, all I remember is waking up in bed the next morning with this total 10" he grinned.

He passed his phone to me showing me picture of the brunette girl he had bedded that night. He was right, she was a stunner. 

"Now we just have to plan our next gig right?" I joked opening another beer. 

Calum just gave me a look as if to say 'Yeah, right buddy'. Maybe we needed to party a little bit more before another show. I have to say I was totally relaxed for that show. Cannot imagine why.