VII

I decided to dedicate a chapter to what it's like to serve under Ganondorf, in Ghirahim's point of view! So I apologize if the characters seem a little OOC. Also some fluff. Enjoy!
____________________________________

Ghirahim's POV

It had been several hours since the princess instructed me to guard her Majesty while she fought the hero. I began to grow worrisome for her. I know she was far stronger than the boy currently, but the hero always found a way to suddenly grow stronger. This bitch's complaints aren't helping either. I groaned out of irritation and summoned a boss monster.

"Watch the princess while I'm gone," I ordered it. "Kill anyone who tries to get near her except for me and General Hiku. Understood?"

It nodded in response, so I teleported away to Lord Ganondorf's castle. I made my way to his throne room...until I bumped into that loathsome general, Koi. He strode past me with a grin on his face.

"My, my. If isn't Ghirahim, the useless servant. Boy, are you in quite the pickle."

I growled in annoyance at his little 'nickname' for me. "What in Demise's name are you on about?"

"You left the general to defend herself against the green-clad hero, despite it being your duty to protect her. She returned not too long ago badly beaten and bruised," he replied with a scowl. I tried my best to hide the anger within me. That brat was going to pay dearly for this...

"In fact," he continued. "His Majesty is currently setting a punishment for her for her failure in killing him. You should be punished in her place since it was you who abandoned her."

I gasped at this and pushed my way past the disgraceful pile of garbage that spoke to me. General Koi and I never got along, not once. And honestly, I prefer to keep it that way. I finally made it to the throne room, but I was too late. As I pushed the doors open I saw her there: Hiku was on the floor, bleeding heavily. Ganondorf had a whip in one hand and a few locks of her hair in the other. He was beating her for not defeating that brat. I couldn't let her get hurt like this.

"My Lord, please have mercy on her!" I cried out pleading. "It is my own fault she lost! I left Zelda unguarded and had to leave her behind to fight the hero. By the time I got back he was already beating her to a pulp. Please, I beg of you, spare her and punish me!"

I knelt before the great king. I could already feel his gaze upon me, but I felt hers as well. I took a glance, and the sight left me heartbroken. Her eyes were filled with tears, something I had not seen for a long while now. They pleaded for me to take it back, to let her take the blame. I sent her a look back that spoke 'I cannot allow yourself to get hurt'. She seemed scared, perhaps for me? Pfft. Oh, how a sword spirit could dream.

"Ghirahim," his voice boomed within the room. "Are you saying you are willing to take the blame for the general's actions?"

"Yes, Your Majesty. After all, anything she does is a reflection of the training I had given her. It is my fault for not preparing her well enough."

"Very well then." The crack of a whip was heard within the room, accompanied by my screams. "Then you will receive her punishment."

It went on like that for quite a while. He would whip me, I would cry out in pain, and I would give the poor woman a reassuring look. I could easily recover from these wounds, after all. Once it was done and over with, Lord Ganondorf retreated to his quarters, leaving me and Hiku alone. She immediately ran up to me and took me in an embrace. I hissed in pain from the sudden contact, considering scars covered my body from head to toe. I could feel her tears pouring from her face as they landed on me.