XIII

So most of this chapter and some future ones are going to be a flashback.
____________________________________

Link stared wide eyed at the demon lord. Did he hear him right? Could his ears be tricking him? Impossible. Which could only mean he was telling the truth.

"B-But how!?" he exclaimed. "How could someone love that bastard enough to have a kid with him!?"

Ghirahim groaned in annoyance. Did this child really have to shout so late in the night?

"Well maybe if you kept your mouth shut, I'd be able to tell you," he hissed.

The hero, realizing what he just did, sat down silently. His face was flushed from embarrassment as he nodded for Ghirahim to continue his story...

Ω

Ghirahim's POV

It was a rather burning day today. What else could one expect from living in the desert? But this ridiculous heat wasn't what was getting under my skin. Lately, Lord Ganondorf has been acting strange. Usually he'd be off somewhere destroying a small town or torturing intruders who tried to steal supplies from our armies. But nowadays he just sat in his room moping and going off about being alone for the rest of his days, or something like that. As a servant to Demise, I had to do something.

Which was why I was in his room, listening to him going on and on about wanting to bring a queen to the tribe. I was honestly taken back at hearing such a thing, but Ganon is only a mortal with a demon king's spirit. If it pleases him so much, I help him obtain a wife.

We were roaming the market in search of a suitable woman for my beloved master. So far I've seen a few charming jewels, but he believed otherwise. Something was always wrong with them.

"What about that one, Master?" I asked pointing over towards a Gerudo selling various fruits from the desert.

"Her eyes are too narrow," he replied.

"What about that one?" He and I gazed over at another one selling jewels.

"Her ears are too big."

"Oh, Master! How about her?" I gestured to another renting sand seals.

"Her nose is too long."

It went on like that for the entire day. The sun was beginning to set, and we still had no luck in finding a bride for the king. Speaking of...

"Let's just head back, Ghirahim," he sighed. "I suppose I'm just destined to rule my people alone..."

There was something in his eyes I never saw before. It appeared to be...sadness. And for some reason, it made me feel...sorry for him. No matter I suppose.

"Don't worry Master," I said as we began to head back towards the palace. "We'll just try again in the mourning."

That was when we heard a crash, and some shouting the word 'thief'. People were practically shoved out of the way as a cloaked figure ran off towards the exit of the town. Guards were chasing the figure, but they were too quick for them. Luckily Master and I blocked their only chance of escape. I summoned my blade and stood firm, preparing to fight whoever was under that hood. They didn't seem to notice me standing in their way until they bumped head first into my chest, falling flat on their behind and dropping jewels and fruits.

Their hood fell off their head, revealing a young Gerudo woman. She appeared to be no older than 25, but no younger than 18. Her eyes were wide as she stared at me and Master Ganon. For a second, I could have sworn I saw a faint blush on her face. I followed her gaze to the king, who had the same look on his face as he stared back at the girl. It seems he's found the one...

It didn't take long for the guards to catch up. Once they arrived at the little scene, they picked the girl up from her arms and began dragging her away. She protested as she kicked about and begged for mercy. And I already knew what was going to happen next.

"Hold it," Ganondorf ordered. "Bring her to me."

The guards, seeming slightly confused, brought the thief to my master. Two held her down by her shoulders, and two others pointed their spears at her so she wouldn't try to escape. The Gerudo king examined the girl closely before he spoke...

"What is your name?"

For a moment, she was silent. The poor thing must've been afraid of being punished by her 'great and noble king' as the others say.

"You will answer your king when he speaks to you!" one of the guards shouted, causing the girl to flinch in fear.

She gazed at Ganondorf, and her voice was shaky as she replied.

"M-My name is Nulia, Your Majesty," she said.

"How old are you?" he asked.

"I-I'm 23."

"Why did you steal from the market?"

"I grew up in a poor family," she explained. "My mother passed away when I was young and my father was a Hylian from Castle Town. He didn't want to have anything to do with me. So I steal everything I need to live."

"So you're an orphan?"

"Precisely, my king."

Ganondorf stood silent for some time. I already knew one of two things was going to happen: he was either going to kill her himself or he'd take her in as his bride. I had a small feeling, more like a hope really, he was going with the second option.

"Release her. She's coming with me."

The crowd around us gasped. The guards pleaded with the king to give her the death penalty, but he refused and simply restated his order. Reluctantly, the guards let her go, and I helped her mount Ganon's horse before we made our way back to the palace.

____________________________________

I know it kinda sucks and Ganon seems a little OOC, but it's only because of the spell Demise placed on him. After he reunites with Hiku he goes back to being evil.

Also Ghirahim's only helping him cause he doesn't want to get stuck having to do all of Ganon's work. He doesn't really like any of the Gerudo women in the village, except for Hiku of course. 0w0

Anyway, thanks for reading! And yes, most of the flashback is going to be in Ghirahim's point of view. See you guys in the next chapter!