XVII

The very next morning, Link had awoken in the large bed he slept on the previous night. He put on his green hat to cover his ruffled hair before making his way to check on Hiku and Ghirahim. When he opened the door and stepped inside, his eyes widened at what he saw.

There they laid in each other's arms. The demon lord wrapping his arms protectively around the princess's delicate frame as they slept in a spooning position. Biting his lip to contain his laughter, Link approached them to first wake up the demon lord. He first poked his arm, and getting no response he started shaking him. He groaned in annoyance before opening his eyes to glare at the hero.

"What?" he hissed.

"Come on. We gotta come up with a plan to take back Hyrule."

"Ugh," he groaned. "Why can't you give us a few more minutes?"

"Ghirahim, the longer we take the longer the kingdom is thrown into chaos!" he shouted, forgetting that Hiku was still trying to sleep peacefully. "Get your lazy ass up, now!"

"I'd watch that tongue of yours if I were you, hero. How dare you speak to me, Lord Ghirahim, with such disrespect!?" he growled.

"Just because we're working together doesn't mean I have to be nice to you. Hell, I'd kill you right now if I wanted to!"

"Is that a threat?"

Ghirahim had now moved from his spot on the bed. His enraged face was now close to the hero's as they glared daggers at each other. Though the demon lord towered over him, Link refused to back down.

"So what if it is? I'm only keeping you alive for her sake, and you know it," Link spat as he used the term 'her' to refer to the sleeping red head.

"So, if that's how you're going to be," Ghirahim had summoned his sword, already holding it to Link's throat. "Then do it. Fight me, hero. Kill me. Don't hold back!"

In a state of panic, the young Hylian had merged his fist with the side of the demon's face knocking him back. Ghirahim stumbled backwards, staring at the hero with wide eyes before continuing to glare at him in rage.

"Why you insufferable brat..." He wiped some blood from his mouth. "I'm gonna-"

"WOULD YOU BOTH SHUT UP!?"

The two warriors stared at the girl. There was Hiku, laying under the covers. She carried a furious expression as she looked at them. Link and Ghirahim stood in silence as she got up from her spot on the old bed. First she approached the demon lord.

"You," she extended a finger at him. "Have you lost your mind? We need Link to defeat Ganondorf, so don't get any ideas about killing him!"

"And you!" she turned around to glare at the blonde male. "Don't you ever and I mean ever threaten to kill my guardian. Do I make myself clear to the both of you?"

Link had hung his head in embarrassment while Ghirahim rolled his eyes as they replied with a 'yes'.

The princess smiled in satisfaction. "Good. Now, I'll go round up some breakfast. Then we'll discuss what we should do next."

Hiku made her way out, leaving the demon lord and hero to glare at each other. And for the first time ever, they agreed on something: they absolutely loathed each other...

Ω

After about an hour, Hiku had returned with a boar she had killed. Ghirahim was unaffected by it, but Link seemed grossed out.

"Are we really eating that?" he questioned.

"Hey pal, it's either this," she held the dead, wild pig up by its hind legs. "Or you find your own damn food."