XX

Link was the first to wake up that morning, but not in the way he would have preferred. Upon opening his eyes the hero felt a pair of arms around his waist and a being spooning him from behind. That being was none other than Ghirahim. Wanting nothing more than to escape from the demon's grasp, Link attempted to pry himself away. But it was to no avail. All he could do was lay there awkwardly until he woke up.

After a few moments, Link felt his rival pull him closer. He inwardly began to panic. That was until he heard the demon lord whimpering.

"Please... Don't leave me..." he whispered. "I can't live without you..."

Was he...having a nightmare? His grip tightened on the hero, and Link felt something wet drip and spread onto his clothes and the pillow.

"Hiku! Please no... You can't die on me!" Ghirahim sobbed.

The hero loathed this demon. All he wanted to do was drive his sword into his skull and leave him to die, sparing the kingdom of any trouble he may cause in the future. But in this scenario, he felt...sorry for him.

The demon lord, though the most sadistic and creepy foe he had ever faced, was hopelessly in love. And no just with anyone. He was in love with a mortal. Someone who would one day die, and leave him alone for the rest of eternity. No matter how evil he was, Link could not turn a blind eye to someone suffering the way he was at the moment.

The hero managed to turn his body around and slip his arms out of Ghirahim's grasp, moving them to his shoulders to shake the demon awake.

"Ghirahim! Wake up, it's just a nightmare!" he called out.

The demon lord snapped his eyes opened, releasing his tight hold on the blonde hero, and bolted upwards into a sitting position. He took a few deep breaths before turning around to face Link. The tears still flowed from his confused and scared eyes. Seeing it was only the boy, he began to relax.

"Link... It's just you..."

The blonde gave him a worried look. "Ghirahim... Are you alright?"

Suddenly feeling his pride declining, the demon quickly wiped away the salty tears and turned away.

"I'm fine, Skychild..."

"You didn't sound fine."

"And how would you know if I sounded fine or not?" he growled.

Link bit his lip and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder, causing the demon to slightly jump in surprise. He turned back around, a look of curiosity and caution present in his features.

"I know you were dreaming about Hiku dying..." the hero confessed.

This earned Link a death glare from him, as well as a set of bared fangs and a scowl.

"How do you-"

"Ghirahim, I promise you nothing will happen to her," he said. "I'll help you protect her. She won't die, I swear it on my life."

Ghirahim looked at the boy as if he said the dumbest thing in the world, yet he felt glad that the hero was supporting him in his time of need. But he wouldn't dare to admit it. He turned away from Link once again, a wave of pain and sorrow washing over his face.

"You shouldn't make promises you know you can't keep..." was all he said.

Link knew all too well what he meant, but for the sake of things he pretended not to.

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't mistake me for a fool, boy. I know she is a mortal, and I am not... She'll die one day, if not by another person's hand then by the simple course of nature. I'll be left all alone with a broken heart until the end of time..."

"She won't be dead forever!" the blonde suddenly shouted. "She'll be back, and you won't be alone!"

He didn't know why he said what he did. He didn't even understand where it came from, but Link did know one thing: it gave the demon hope. He saw it in his now widened brown eyes that stared at him in awestruck.

Ghirahim suddenly chuckled. "It's nice to see you try to make me feel better with a little joke, but I'm afraid that just isn't possible."

The hero's words were no longer his own at this point. The things he said next surprised both him and the demon lord.

"How so?"

"Are you truly that dense?" he spat. "Only you, the princess, and that bastard Ganon have the ability to be reborn because of the curse placed upon you by my master, Demise."

"Maybe it'll effect her too."

"Impossible. She didn't even exist all those years ago."

"You don't know that."

"I-"

"Maybe she did exist, just as a backup plan, and you never knew it. Maybe Demise planned to have her be born as a mortal in a certain era and place the same curse on her."

Ghirahim opened his mouth to speak and call the boy a fool, but no words would come out. He slowly began to realize that he may be right.

His master always did things without his consent or knowledge of it. So it didn't surprise him when the hero suggested his love was created long before he was aware of her existence.

The demon lord let out a sigh as he removed himself from the bed. "Come on now, let's go wake her up..."

"Ghirahim," the hero called out as he opened the door.

Ghirahim looked back over his shoulder at Link.

"What?"

"If you're that scared of her dying, then just tell her already. Before it's too late..."

"Tell her what?" he asked. The demon knew what the Hylian was speaking of, but decided it was best to play dumb. Yet, that would not stop the hero as he spoke his next sentence in a serious tone.

"Your feelings..."

____________________________________

Ok. So apparently my brain can't put in the effort to create a story of my favorite ship that I think about 24/7. Yet it can put in the effort to make this...

This is some bullshit.