XXVII

Before we begin, I just wanna say that the castle Link, Hiku, and Ghirahim invaded is laid out like Hyrule Castle from Twilight Princess. So yeah...

Also, does anyone else feel like all the rooms in Hyrule Castle from TP were unnecessary for the gameplay? Like... Plot wise the graveyard is important cause it has the grave of Link from Ocarina of Time and stuff but other than that it's just extra rupees and items.

Anyway, let's get back to the story.
____________________________________

Link raced down the dark halls of the castle, avoiding guards and monsters wherever he could. There were a few times where he would get into a battle, but it was nothing he couldn't handle.

After trekking through several rooms and finding the boss key, the blond hero made his way to the throne room. He unlocked the giant door that led to the area and stepped inside. What he saw inside made his stomach turn...

Atop the statue of the Triforce and the three goddesses stood an unconscious Zelda, and below her sat the evil king himself: Ganondorf.

The Gerudo grinned mischievously as he sat upon the throne, his eyes fixed on the approaching hero.

"So... You've returned to try and defeat me once more, ey boy?" The great king let out a chuckle. "How amusing."

Link glared in hatred at the man. "Ganondorf! Why are you doing this? You got your daughter back, so this war should have already ended!"

"Foolish boy. This war was never about that traitorous brat," he scowled. "My only desire is to end your life and conquer this kingdom for myself. Once Koi defeats Ghirahim and you are killed, she will be executed for her failure to destroy you."

Link was shocked at this. How could a man kill his own child? Was he really that cold blooded?

The hero tightened his grip on the Master Sword, earning a chuckle from the evil king.

"Are you that desperate for death? Fine then... I'll show you to the gates of hell myself!"

Ganondorf summoned forth a dark sword from his magic, and thus the battle had begun. He charged at the hero with awesome strength, but his power was no match for the boy's agility. He managed to dodge the evil king's attacks, but also failed to land any hits of his own.

The two went at it for awhile before Ganon jumped backward only to charge forward again. Instinctively, Link rolled out of the way. After regaining his balance the hero noticed the man's back was completely vulnerable. He took this opportunity to strike him, and he did so.

Ganon cried out before swiftly turning around and swinging his sword at the hero. Link once again dodged, and started to repeat the process. After a few swift strikes from the hero, the Gerudo king let out a growl of anger before jumping far away from him.

"You little shit... That's it! No more games!"

Ganon raised his sword to the sky, a bright glow omitting from the blade. The room suddenly filled with black smoke that surrounded the king. Link felt fear creep up his spin at this. This couldn't be good.

Soon, the black smoke began to fade and standing in Ganondorf's place was a giant boar. Link's eyes widened in fear at the sight of the beast as it let out a vicious roar.

The monster charged at the hero, who fortunately was able to roll out of the way. He took out his bow and aimed for the beast's eye, quickly releasing the arrow once he got a clear shot. The arrow successfully pierced through causing the boar to let out a cry of pain. Link took this chance to slash away at the beast, and soon enough the monster fell to the ground.

The boar's body was immediately set aflame, and the dark clouds once again surrounded it. Ganon stood there once again once the smoke cleared, and a large scar graced his chest.

"You little brat... I'll kill you!" the king growled in anger.

He charged at the hero, and blinded by his fury he failed to notice Link shut his eyes in fear and raise his sword in defense. The next thing the hero knew, he heard flesh being ripped apart and a deep groan.

He opened his eyes and saw Ganondorf towering above him. He would have backed away in an instant, if it weren't for the fact his sword was lodged in the man's chest. His electric yellow eyes were wide in shock as blood dripped from his mouth. Link let go of the sword, allowing Ganondorf to stumble backwards.

The man stared at his wound in shock before looking back at the boy. He began to make an advancement towards him, but after a few steps he fell backwards onto the stone floor of the room.

"Y-You will pay for this hero... My hate will n-never die!" he struggled to speak as he spat out blood. "That girl... Will be your end. So l-long as my servants remain to c-control her... You will die by her hands..."

The evil king let out one final laugh before going into a fit of coughs and wheezes until he completely stopped moving.

Ganondorf had been slain...