XVIII

After several days of walking, the three adventurers managed to reach the town of Kakariko Village. The town was more crowded than the last time Link saw it. People sat around the streets: woman and children mostly. The hero could see a group of archers aiming towards them upon entering the village. Realizing what was about to happen, the blonde jumped in front of the demon and Gerudo as he waved his arms.

"DON'T SHOOT!" he shouted.

But the archers held their ground, some of them even pulling their arrows further back for more force. Link felt his heart beating out of his rib cage as he stared at the them. Then he heard a door open.

From a nearby building, Link saw Shingu wave to the group of archers and tell them it was alright. The archers lowered their weapons, but the hero could still feel their weary eyes glaring down at him. The chief turned to the blonde, and greeted him with a smile.

"Link! I'm so glad to see you!" he then gestured towards the building he had just come out of. "Come inside! We have much to discuss."

Link looked back at his companions; Ghirahim remained silent while Hiku nodded with a smile. He turned back to face the chief, and the three of them followed Shingu inside.

Ω

"So," the chief said as he poured some tea for the four of them. "Why don't you start by introducing me to your friends there?"

"Oh," Link said as he looked at them. "Well, these guys are helping me stop Ganondorf."

"My name is Demon Lord Ghirahim," Ghirahim flipped his hair as he spoke. "But you may call me Lord Ghirahim."

"Ah yes, the great demon lord of ancient Hyrule. You fought for the king Demise during the Skyloft era, yes?"

The demon nodded. "Indeed. The only reason why I'm aiding your hero is because of my beloved new master, Princess Hiku of the Gerudo." Ghirahim grinned proudly at the princess a he gestured towards her.

The red-haired girl blushed from embarrassment. She preferred not to be known by her title, and often found it embarrassing when Ghirahim addressed her in such a way.

"Hm... So the story of Ganon's child is true, is it?" Shingu studied Hiku carefully. "Are you really willing to go against your own father, my child?"

"If it means bringing peace to the world again," she clenched her fists. "Then yes."

"I see... Well, then I wish all of you the best of luck."

"If I may," Link interjected. "You see... Ganon's army is way too much for the three of us to handle on our own. Which us why we're here..."

The chief looked at Link curiously, but allowed the blonde to continue.

"We're planning on visiting the only places in Hyrule that aren't under Ganondorf's influence to gain supporters: Kakariko Village, the Gorons, and even the Zora. We could really use your help, Chief Shingu."

He gazed intensely at the trio, mostly at the princess. He saw that her eyes were filled with sincerity, and he kindly smiled at it.

"Very well," he said. "Take whatever you need. Soldiers, food, weapons, and with their princess some Gerudo soldiers might be willing to help too."

"Wait... My people are here?" Hiku's eyes widened.

"Yes. The ones who refused to work under Ganon are here at least," the chief smiled. "Once they hear their own princess is rebelling as well, I'm sure they'll happily offer their assistance."

Hiku let out a sigh of relief at the news. She never got to really know her people, even after she reunited with her father.

"Thank you so much!" she exclaimed. "We are forever in your debt sir!"

The chief smiled at her. "It is no problem, dear child."

"Well, it's getting late," Shingu. sighed. "Your Majesty, why don't you go introduced yourself to some of the Gerudo women? I'm sure you're excited to get to know more about your culture. Link, you and Ghirahim should head over to the inn for some rest."

"Thanks for all your help Shingu," Link smiled.

The chief nodded at the boy in response. Hiku didn't hesitate to go around the village and speak to the other women from her old home. Meanwhile, Link and Ghirahim sat silently in their room. The demon lord refused to go to bed until 'his princess' returned, so Link went to sleep so he wouldn't have to socialize with him. And soon enough, the hero fell into a deep slumber.

___________________________________

I'm sorry if the ending seemed kind of awkward and rushed. Starting tomorrow I won't be able to update my stories as often so... Yeah.

Anyway, thanks for reading guys! And I'll see you all in the next chapter!