XV

Slight gore warning. Also this chapter is gonna be a little short cause it's just going over how Hiku ended up being raised by Hylians. Well, enjoy!
____________________________________

The green-clad hero looked at the sleeping Gerudo with sympathy. Her mother never really cared for her. She was just doing her job. And that also meant...

"Hiku...isn't human, is she?"

The white-haired demon gazed at him, a sad look present in his eyes. He let out a sigh as he closed them.

"Unfortunately, yes. Hiku isn't a human, but she is perfectly mortal all thanks to that goddess of yours."

"So... Hylia created her soul and body. But what did Demise give her?" Link questioned.

Ghirahim paused for a moment. It was wise for him not to say too much about the girl's true identity, for she didn't know either. And he didn't want to risk her overhearing them.

"Let's just say the form she's in now isn't her true form," he said. "It's the form Hylia had given her so she could blend it with the people of this world. Some other day I'll explain it..."

Link nodded in understanding, making himself quiet so Ghirahim could continue with the story...

Ω

Ghirahim's POV

It had been about six months since the princess was born. All was going well within the little tribe Ganondorf ruled over. Presently, he and I were traveling around the fields of Hyrule. We were mostly scouting with a few of our soldiers around to look for an opening to strike, but so far none had appeared. It was starting to become dreadfully boring if you ask me. I noticed in the corner of my eye a figure approaching us. It appeared to be a Gerudo soldier on a horse, looking badly beaten and torn.

"Lord Ganondorf," I called to him. "It seems one of your guards is coming towards us."

Ganon looked in the direction of the soldier, who was inching closer, and his eyes widened at the sight of her condition. He rallied the monsters to prepare medical attention for the wounded guard. Once she arrived at our camp, the Gerudo had fallen off her horse our of exhaustion.

"M-My king," she gasped out on her knees. "News... From G-Gerudo Town..."

"Quickly, explained what happened," he demanded kneeling beside her.

"Attack..." she wheezed out, as her eyes slowly closed. "Hylian soldiers... F-Fire... Destroyed... Everything..."

Ganondorf stiffened at the news. The tribe had been attacked by Hylian soldiers. That was when a thought popped into my head. What about Nulia and the child? As fear clouded my mind, I began to panic.

"What about the queen?" I quickly asked. "And the princess? Where are they!?"

It seemed the guard was struggling to speak. Considering the wounds on her, I believe she was close to passing out.

"Her Majesty," she hissed in pain. "Is n-no longer... Urgh! W-With us..." The guard held her bleeding side as she continued. "The princess...was t-taken. T-They... Argh! Took her b-back to the c-castle..."

No... How could this have happened!? This wasn't supposed to happen! I clenched my jaw in anger, my hands bawling into fists ready to strike. I was absolutely furious at this, and I could tell Ganondorf was too. After hearing such news we made our way back to the town. It was just as the guard had described it...

Corpses lined the streets. Woman and children, blood splattered across walls and floors. Maggots were already beginning to feed off a few dead bodies as we walked by towards the palace. Ash marks covered the walls while a few flames continued to eat away at dead guards' flesh and fabrics along the castle walls and floors. Finally, we had reached the throne room. Everything was destroyed. The throne was black from the fire and banners were ripped and burned. More corpses laid within the room, filling it with the stench of death. It made some of soldiers gag while others actually threw up.

Then the image of Nulia and the child came into my mind. As I was about to make my way to the west wing, Ganondorf was already running up the stairs. I followed him to the room, both of us bursting through the doors. The sight of what was inside was, in all honesty, horrible to see.

Nulia laid next to the cradle in a pool of her own blood. Her eyes were wide open and rolled to the inside of her head. Some locks of her hair covered her face, while the rest sat still in the red river surrounding her. I could almost see the shock and terror she felt just by looking at her. Flies flew around her corpse, maggots crawling in and out of her ears and mouth. Some were already eating their way into her eye sockets. It was disgusting to say the least. I looked over to the cradle, seeing nothing there. The child was taken, just as the guard had claimed.

As Ganondorf knelt there, weeping for his deceased wife and missing child, I stood in furious silence. I mentally cursed Hylia, demanding what her plans for the child were. No Hylian should have known the child existed, unless it was her doing. Just what exactly did she have in mind for my master's creation? Only time could time...

____________________________________

So yeah. Again Ganon is pretty OOC for an evil king. But still. Anyway like I said, Ghirahim didn't really care about Hiku like he does now cause he just saw his job of taking care of her as just a job. Something that had to be done to please his master. Out of the four (Ganondorf, Ghirahim, Nulia and Demise) only Ganon was sentimental when it came to her. Nulia saw her as an inconvenience and waste of time, Demise saw her as a tool to be used, and Ghirahim just saw her as a young servant to his master who he'd either have to work with or for someday.

Yeah. That's basically how he felt about her at first. Sorry for these useless chapters, they're mostly to reveal plot. Next one will be Link, Ghira, and Hiku continuing their journey. See you guys next time!