XVIV

"WAKE UP DAMN IT!"

Link's eyes shot open and he jumped up from his bed. He panted as his heart raced within his chest.

At the very end of his bed was Hiku and Ghirahim, both with their arms crossed over their chest. Except the princess seemed more agitated than the demon lord...

"Come on, Link! We're heading over to Death Mountain and we can't go without you!" she huffed. "Can't believe this lazy kid is Hylia's 'chosen hero'..."

"Hey! I'm older than you ya know!" the blonde scowled.

"Whatever. Let's go already!"

The red haired girl, not waiting for the hero to reply, walked out the room without another word. Link groaned as he got up from his spot on the bed and started to get dressed. He was putting on his green tunic over his chainmail and shirt when he heard a chuckle from the demon behind him.

"What's so funny?" he asked, clearly annoyed just by his presence.

"Oh, you must pardon me Skychild. I just couldn't help but laugh at the little scene between you and the princess..." he smirked. "She just simply isn't a morning person, and gets cranky very easily. Don't worry. She'll be back to her usual self by noon."

Link said nothing to him, and simply finished getting ready. Once they had everything, Ghirahim and Link left to meet Hiku at the gate leading to the trail up the mountain. With Link leading the way, the three rebels made their way to Death Mountain, home of the Gorons.

Ω

"Ah! Link, you have returned!"

Upon their arrival, the trio were greeted by two rather unfriendly Gorons. Things started to get heated until the blonde introduced himself, claiming he was the human who returned the ancient relic to the tribe. The two creatures then nodded and guided the three of them to the elder. The old one smile at the sight of his companion, but his face quickly contorted as he gazed towards the other two.

"But why are these two here?"

Link suddenly felt tense as he too turned to his traveling companions. He was about to explain the situation until Hiku stepped forward.

"You may already know me as a general in Ganon's army. But please, allow my friend and I to explain ourselves..." she gave a respectful bow to the elder, Ghirahim soon doing the same.

The Goron looked at them skeptically, but allowed them to speak. "Very well. Go on."

"My name is Princess Hiku Dragmire," she said, earning a few gasps from the crowd around them. "I served my father, Ganondorf, in his army for many years. But I have decided that his plans for Hyrule should not have become a reality, and I am correcting my mistake and helping your hero to raise an army against him to invade the castle."

"And this is Demon Lord Ghirahim," she gestured to the older being next to her. "He was my commander at one point, but then became my caretaker and servant. He is also a close friend, and will be joining us in rebelling against my father."

"Please, Elder," Link pleaded. "We need your people's strength to help us break into the castle. Will you help us?"

The elder stared intensely at Hiku, gazing into her eyes. He saw something truly admiring, and smiled.

"Very well. But on one condition. This girl must lead the fight."

"Wait, what?" they all asked.

The elder chuckled and approached the princess, taking her hand into his.

"I see something in you, Hiku. It is true that Link must be the one to defeat Ganondorf, but it is you who must lead the battle to that point. In due time, you will understand my words."

Hiku felt her heart racing, and she knew she felt nervous. Leading an entire army of different people? She couldn't do that! She could barely get those filthy bokoblins under her control! But, at the same time, it was their only shot at getting the Gorons to join them. The princess smiled and gave a bow to the elder.

"You have my word..."

"Very good," the Goron smiled. "Then you can count on us for support!"

Link and Hiku smiled wide, both of them hugging and thanking their Goron friend. Ghirahim simply watched them as they showed their gratitude.

"Now then... I assume you three will be making your way to Zora's Domain?"

"Why yes," the red haired girl replied.

"Well good. I wish you three good luck on your journey!"

The two humans nodded and bowed once more before leaving with the demon lord. The trio safely made their way down Death Mountain and left the peaceful village of Kakariko. Link mounted his horse, offering a seat to the princess who graciously took it. The blonde felt a pair of eyes burn into the side of his face, but he paid no mind to the demon.

They made their way across Hyrule Field until they found another abandoned village. They took shelter in a small home by a river that went through the little town. Ghirahim already called dibs on sharing a room with Hiku, but this time the princess refused. Instead, she kept a room to herself and left the men to sleep in a room together. The hero was completely fine with the idea as long as he didn't bother him too much, until they discovered there was only one bed. Which brings us here...

"Ghirahim, you're hogging the blanket!"

"I am not! If anything, you're the one who keeps insisting on having it all to yourself!"

"Urgh! You're so infuriating, ya know that!?" the green clad blonde shouted as he sprung up into a sitting position.

The demon lord sat up as well, glaring at the Hylian. "Me? Infuriating? Why no dear Skychild. I'm afraid that spot has already been reserved for you..."

The hero groaned. "Why did Hiku even think this was a good idea!? I hate you more than her dad for Hylia's sake!"

"Well, I'm glad there's something we can agree on you little rat," the white haired male growled.

Link felt his eye twitch. He had enough if this man's bullcrap.

"DID YOU JUST CALL ME A RAT!?"

"SO WHAT IF I DID!? WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT!?"

"YOU SELFISH BASTARD!"

"IMPUDENT WHELP!"

"CREEPY PEDO!"

"UNCULTURED SWINE!"

"YOU LOOK LIKE A GIRL!"

Link immediately regretted those words as the demon lord gasped. He quickly slapped his hand over his mouth like a child who cursed at their parents. Ghirahim glared at the hero, his fangs bared and his pupils narrow.

"Oh, that is it!"

The demon had tackled Link to the ground, and the two of them began to wrestle each other. Hair was pulled, bruises were made, and scars formed by nails marked each of them. It wasn't until a sudden pound at the door did they stop their assault on each other. They already knew Hiku was on the other side, and she wasn't too happy.

"CAN'T YOU TWO GET ALONG FOR ONE FUCKING NIGHT!?" she shouted. "SHUT UP AND GO THE FUCK TO SLEEP ALREADY!"

Once they heard her footsteps fading away towards the other room and the sound of a wooden door being slammed, the two males silently glared at one another as they took their places in the bed and pulled the cover over themselves.

"I hate you so much..." Link whispered.

"Well, the feeling is mutual, Skychild..."

Nothing else was said between them for the remainder of that night, and it didn't take to long for darkness to cloud their vision as they feel asleep.