XXIX

Final chapter before the epilogue. It's really short just so you know.

And btw there will be Zelink but only for the sake of the sequel...

Enjoy guys!
____________________________________

After Link had defeated Ganondorf and retrieved the Master Sword from his corpse, Zelda was freed from her unconscious state. The two hugged one another and shared a loving kiss before Ghirahim and Hiku entered the scene.

Zelda stared at them in shock as they approached her and the hero holding hands. What was even more surprising to the princess was when Hiku ran and pulled her into a hug, thanking the gods that she was safe.

The Gerudo princess then pulled away and explained everything that happened between when she gave her to her father and the present. After the explanation, Zelda gave a sigh of relief and the four heroes left to regroup with the rest of the rebellion in front of the castle.

Link's heart dropped to his stomach at the sight. Members from both parties were spread across the battlefield, and it pained the hero to see all of these good people die. But in his mind he reassured himself, for he knew they did not die in vain.

The blond looked over to his companions as the remaining troops stared at him. The two princesses and the demon lord nodded in approval, and with a smile the heroes unsheathed his sword and raised it to the sky as a sign of his victory. Everyone around them began to cheer in pure joy, all feeling glad that they were now safe from the evil king's rule over this land.

Shingu, the elder, Ruto, and Neba approached the victors, smiles plastered on each of their faces.

"Well done you youngsters!" the elder cheered.

"Indeed. You've managed to save Hyrule as well as the princess. Great job," Shingu chuckled.

"You guys were amazing!" Ruto giggled.

Neba gave a small grin at the hero, demon, and Gerudo princess. "Thanks to you three, our people may finally live in peace. And with Hiku as our leader, I'm sure we can achieve harmony with the Hylians as well."

Hiku looked over to Zelda who nodded.

"I am willing to cooperate in hopes of keeping the peace between our two lands," the blonde spoke with a smile. "And I believe you, young princess, shall be a wonderful queen to your people."

The red haired girl smiled back at her childhood idol as she extended her hand to her, "Thank you, Princess Zelda."

The older woman took her hand before the two of them turned to the rest of the rebellion.

"On this day forward, the kingdom of Hyrule and the people of the Gerudo shall live side by side in harmony."

"No longer will either kingdom live in fear of the other, for Princess Zelda and myself, as the leader of the Gerudo, shall work together to achieve that goal."

"And hopefully, one day, we could put all of this behind us and look forward to a brighter future for us all!"

At the end of their speech, all who gathered around them cheered in joy. The princesses looked back at their companions, and the four all shared one more smile with one another.

Finally, Ganondorf has been defeated and everyone could live in peace once again...

____________________________________

Again, I apologize for this being so short. But I hope you enjoyed it! See you in the final chapter... Bye!