Waking up to Night

A/N: I would recommend putting the video on loop since it's short. 

  Having gathered enough information on his little doe, he had pushed all the contents under the bed. Drem had proceeded to close the zipper to the point where it was before. Now, though, he was waiting in the hall for his prey to wake up. He had already tried several tactics to wake her up, such as banging things loudly in the house or even throwing one of the couch pillows at her continuously.

None of those worked, so he was left with just watching her for hours on end. His chin rested in the palms of his hands, and his elbows rested on his knees, while he sat cross-legged. Occasionally, his eyes would turn to the wristwatch on her left wrist. The time seemed to go by annoyingly slow, but it wasn't as bad as it had been before. At least now he had some company that was actually amusing.

Unlike Nathan, she didn't know what he was capable of. She was defenseless against him, and Nathan was away. Nathan wouldn't be able to do a thing about his behavior. Still, if she was asleep, he couldn't do much. Or rather, he wouldn't do much now.

Bored, he blew some strands of her hair back and forth across her face. They glided effortlessly across her soft looking skin. It reminded him of ocean waves rolling up onto the sand covered shore. Such a calming movement caused him to sit up straight and extend his fingers out towards her.

He stopped moving her hair, as he glided his fingers across her skin. It was a shame, though. Drem couldn't feel anything under them. Not even the cool air of the ac affected him. His lips turned downwards into a frown, as he moved his thumbs across her cheeks in a stroking manner. The warmth, which should've been there, wasn't; he couldn't feel the warm blood under her skin. How he desired to feel it, though.

Well, he could do so if he truly wished it. He could move closer and have the blood rush through his veins again, but he didn't want to do that yet. It wasn't necessary at the moment, and there would be ample opportunities to do so later. Still, it was a tantalizing idea. Finally, after so long he would be able to feel the temperature of his surroundings; he would be able to bask under the warmth of the summer sun. At the same time, however, he would need patience. Besides, if he chose the right time, that feeling would be heightened, and he would enjoy it that much more.

During his thoughts, though, he didn't realize that his grip was increasing. He didn't loosen his grip until he heard a low moan of discomfort exit his doe's lips. Drem drew his hands back slightly, as a grin tugged at the corners of his lips. His eyes lighted up with glee when he noticed her move her head back and forth a little. It was quite a satisfying reaction to watch, and he found himself lowering his hands again.

Soon enough, another moan left her mouth. Subconsciously, she tried to draw her head back again, but he kept his hands in place. Her body started to move a bit more, as she started to wake up. Perhaps, he should've tried that method sooner. Then again, it was dark outside now, and night was more beneficial to him. His actions would have more of an effect on her, since people tended to get scared more easily in the darker hours.

When she finally awoke, he drew his hands back and stood up. He would give her a little breather, but if she tried to leave the house again, that short time of relaxation would quickly end. So for the moment, he stood off to the left of her and merely observed her.