Past and New Obsession

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Drem was standing in the same house, the same hallway, while Nathan stood across from him. The situation had already been explained to Nathan, and the twenty-one year-old male was now silent. Frankly, the auburn-haired male didn't know what was wrong with Nathan. After all he had narrated to Nathan that he had intended to go through with the action. Obviously, the black-haired male had thought him to be joking.

Still, Nathan should be pleased with him. He had done his friend a favor; a favor that he would only commit for someone who glimmered before him. Nathan was different from the others that he had interacted with, and so he deserved special treatment. That's why he had to protect Nathan from the disgusting distraction.

He chewed on his strawberry-watermelon gum and blew a large pale green bubble, while he waited for Nathan to say something or react at least a little more. Drem couldn't understand why he wasn't being thanked. That distraction didn't deserve Nathan, and he had already made that clear to him. Now, that she was gone, Nathan could focus on him alone. Didn't his friend realize that this was the best option available? Through his action he had given Nathan a golden opportunity. So, why was he unmoving and horror-stricken?

The bubble popped. Its sound resonated down the hallway and through the house. When he went to blow another one, he noticed that Nathan was finally meeting his gaze. He kept his hands in his chocolate brown blazer, which changed from a light to medium to dark color depending on the lighting. Currently, the lighting in the hallway caused all variations of the color to reveal themselves. All in all it was the perfect environment for the jacket.

Regardless, Drem's focused his attention more on Nathan, soon after noting the light's effect. His brown eyes narrowed when he saw the formation of tears at the corners of Nathan's eyes. Why was he crying? Were they tears of joy? Drem couldn't think of what else they could be. Was Nathan finally going to come over and hug him in glee?

Thinking this, he smiled a bit and pushed the gum to left side of his mouth. "Are you finally realizing how great my action was? I did it just for you, Nathan." Nathan didn't answer him immediately. Rather, he clenched his hands into fists, as an expression of pure hatred consumed his countenance.

"I didn't want this. I didn't ask for this. Why are you so intent on making me miserable?!" he shouted out, making Drem take a step back in confusion. Why was Nathan yelling at him? He had given his friend a favor, a gift. Didn't gifts usually put a smile upon one's face? Just what had he done wrong?

Just the second word in the first statement had been changed, otherwise it was the same. Drem didn't want time to repeat itself. He hadn't expected to, yet those similar words had been said to him again. Personally, he had thought that sealing part of his feelings off would do the trick, but he had fallen into that trap like so many others. Instead of pushing those words off into the void, they had been thrown at him again.

At the time with Nathan, they had stunned him because he had dedicated himself to Nathan. So, to lose him like that left him in shock and in some denial for awhile. That was until Nathan had imprisoned him. For the next five years, he had lost his original feelings, and they had been replaced with ones of simple revenge. He would get back at Nathan one way or another, and the doe had been his opportunity to do so.