Talent in Question

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

That's an interesting point that you raise my little doe. How come my way of thinking is warped and yours isn't? What if it's the other way around? I'm just doing what I feel is best to keep you here. I'm protecting what's valuable to me at all costs. You even admitted that you would protect something extremely well if the thing in question was of incredible value to you. That's what I'm doing, so how is that wrong?

"It's wrong because I'm not a thing; I'm not some object without any thoughts or feelings. This is wrong because you're not taking my feelings or thoughts into account. Do I want to stay here? No, I want to live my dream of being an artist and hear back on my art piece that I sent out. You're keeping me from doing that."

You wish to be an artist? You're performing a type of art right now: carving. Unless you prefer a certain type of medium, do you?

"My specialty is painting or drawing. Why do you care?"

I care because I want to make you as happy as I can during your stay here. I enjoy the time that I spend with you, and I desire for you to feel the same. As long as you don't try to escape, there shouldn't be a problem. Regardless if those are your media of interest, why don't you draw something for me, while I work on my project? Maybe, you could draw me even.

"Right, and why would I want to draw you?"

Simple, you might be able to capture what I actually look like. You would be able to have a rough image of what I look like. Wouldn't you like to put a face to me, my little doe? I'll even tell you my characteristics, and what I'm wearing.

"And, what if you're lying?"

What does it matter? It's not like any harm will come to you from a lie about my appearance. Besides, why would I wish to give you false information on such a thing? All this time, I've desired for you to see what I actually look like. I'm tired of you just seeing a monkey.

"Fine, I'll go grab some supplies and a chair," she muttered out, leaving the garage and entering the kitchen. Once she had the items that she wanted, she came back into the garage. After she set the chair down, she took a seat and looked to him for the details.

As he described them, she took them down. Based off of his description, he really did sound attractive. Of course, she wouldn't tell him that, but she assumed that he was probably exaggerating. Whatever the case, she went to work on the picture and drew everything to the point that he detailed to her.

Drem continued to work on his project, throwing out another unsuccessful one. His new one seemed to be improving, but she couldn't really tell, since she didn't know what he was trying to carve. Midway through this, he set down his work and headed into the kitchen to presumably make her lunch. Her stomach had growled a few times in the past fifteen minutes after all.

When he left, she leaned back a little and stretched, her (e/c) eyes surveying her current work. Personally, she thought that she was doing a stellar job, but she would need his opinion. The picture wasn't finished, however, since she needed to shade it still. Right now, he looked to have a rather flat portrayal of himself, and his hair, which was supposed to be thick and a bright auburn, was quite lifeless.