Eating Scared

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Droplets of water splashing against glass woke her back up. As her eyes opened, (f/n) still found herself curled up into the fetal position. Her eyes easily locked onto where the pile of knives was supposed to be. When she noticed that it wasn't there, alarms rang in her head.

Instantly, she sat up. This action caused a slight pain to run through her head, indicating that her headache from before still hadn't left. It was getting better yesterday, but after everything that happened, it didn't surprise her that it had decided to get worse again.

Regardless of the pain in her head, she peered around the room and found the knives soon after. They were all thrown into the wall to the left of the couch. Somehow, though, they managed to form the shape of an arrow, which pointed downwards.

Instead of going towards it, she stood up slowly and moved to her right side a bit to get a better view of what was below the arrow. There was nothing there. Was it some joke that the thing was playing on her? Did it want her to sit below the arrow? Or, did it mean that the being was there below the sign?

Whatever the case, she had no intention of going near that arrow of death. So, cautiously she walked towards the kitchen, never turning her back on the knives. They could come out of the wall at any second and attack again. Of course, this would make getting some breakfast difficult, since she would have to maintain a constant eye on the weapons.

She did manage to get her breakfast prepared with no problem, which was a surprise. (F/n) knew that it was time for the meal because she had seen the time on the domed clock in the living room. It was much earlier than she usually would get up, with it being six in the morning. Now, though, with the thing in the house with her, she was lucky to get any sleep at all. Besides, her typical sleep schedule had already been thrown into a pit of void.

As long as the house was haunted, she would be lucky to wake up alive. Sleeping left her incredibly vulnerable, yet her body needed it. She also required it if she ever wanted to get rid of the headache. Granted, she doubted that the headache would ever go away for her stay at the house. (F/n) was continually being frightened by the thing in the home with her.

So, with her bowl of cranberry-orange oatmeal, she ate her meal, though, speedily. The entire time, however, she watched the knives in the wall to see if they would move. It would be easy for one to dislodge itself and come flying at her.

Additionally, the rain outside wasn't helpful. She was training her ears to listen for any suspicious sound in the house, yet the rain made doing so all the more difficult. Usually, she found the falling water calming. Right now, though, she just found it as a way to aid the being in the house with her.

Thankfully, she could still catch one strange sound in the building. This noise was familiar, and she had heard it only yesterday. Something was being dragged again. Her attention focusing on the hallway, she waited for the item to appear. She could hear her heart beginning to pound in her chest, while her eyes stayed glued to the hall.

Eventually, the object revealed itself. It was the table that the statue used to stand on. She had never moved it back to its place by the door, and that seemed to be where it was heading. Her eyes still observed the table until it stood in its original place. Nothing happened after that, so she looked back over at the knives.