Pause

(A/N: Trigger Warning: Content in this chapter may be too sensitive for certain individuals. If you're worried about missing story info, the next chapter will highlight the important parts from this chapter. And as usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.) 

Between the two of them, it was a silent stare-off. She really did look like a deer in the headlights, completely fixed on the approaching danger and too scared to move; however, she did begin to inch her legs towards the edge of the bed. The movement was so slight, though, that even he barely noticed. Despite her present terror, she was keeping herself incredibly composed for the situation. Regardless, he refused to move just yet. He would continue to unnerve her, to crawl under her skin.

A grin still decorated his lips, as he rested his hands in the beige pants' pockets. His dark brown bangs covered his brown eyes a little. Due to his static position, he almost mirrored a well-carved statue, a terrifying one at that. Drem remained this way until his little doe's feet flew off the bed, and she bolted for the door.

Quickly, he darted after her. Her hands fumbled with the lock, giving him just enough time to catch her. Within seconds, he had spun her around and slammed her shoulders against the door. A groan of discomfort exited her mouth, but she speedily proceeded to struggle against him.

Instead of trying to press her hands against his chest, she managed to reach up and grasp his neck. Her hands tightened around the area, but Drem paid no mind. He could feel the pain of not being able to breathe properly, and it was invigorating. A choked chuckle left his lips, as he coughed out between laughs, "Re-remem-ber li-little d-d-oe, I c-can't d-d-ie."

At the mention of this, her countenance was consumed by alarm. Already, she had forgotten that he was merely possessing his current form. Her hands loosened their grip, and he took that to his advantage. Drem removed his hands from her shoulders and gripped her wrists. In the next moment, he tossed her across the room.

Colliding with the floor, she moaned out in pain, while she attempted to get back up onto her feet. Steadily, he walked towards her. An amused expression coated his face. Technically, he could have just let her kill the worker. After all he could possess even a dead body. So, he could get through the suffering of dying only for him to still be there. It was rather convenient. Granted, a decaying body could only last him so long.

Now, a few feet away from her, he observed her beginning to stand. With a simple kick of the right foot, he knocked her back down. Once she was back on the floor, he crouched in front of her and extended out his left arm. He grabbed the front of her shirt and pulled her towards him. Her hands gripped his left wrist, and she dug her nails into his skin. "Ah, so you don't care if you hurt this poor man. What a naughty little doe," he mocked, as he shook his head back and forth.

This time she didn't let up. Loving this result, Drem stood up and pulled her up with him. He released her soon after, and she nearly lost her balance. Instead of pushing her back onto the floor, he permitted her to regain it. When she did, she made a move to run around him. Barely changing his position, he reached out with his left hand and grabbed her left wrist.

Tugging on her, he brought her against his chest. Her back faced him, as he wrapped his right arm around her waist. He continued to hold onto her left wrist, while she tried to stomp on his feet. Drem dodged every time, which caused the two to look like they were performing some odd dance.