Waterfall

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

  Watching her useless attempts to open the backdoor was entertaining until she began to lift her left hand and form it into a fist. Her banging on the door might cause too much noise, since her previous words of denial were at a low enough volume. If she started to yell, that would be even worse. So, Drem had to distract his little doe again.

Sliding the phone across the grass, he let it hit the side of the fountain lightly. The small sound managed to grab her attention, as she turned around to glance at it. Her eyes displayed clear hesitation, while she peered between the backdoor and her phone. Would she go after her phone? Well, he certainly hoped so. Otherwise, some of the enjoyment would be dampened.

Staring at the communication device, (f/n) didn't know what to do. She needed that phone to contact those outside of the house, to get help, since it was evident that she really did need it. This house had something in it that she was powerless against, and she wished to be out of it as soon as possible. So, the phone wasn't her only option; she could always bolt over the gate, not where the pond was, and get back to her home.

Still, she was in only a towel, yet that wasn't her hugest concern. She could always change at home if need be. Of course, running down a street in a towel wasn't the best of ideas, but it was better than staying in a haunted home. With this in mind, she could skip on the phone. The remaining problem would be if she could scale the fence without the thing attacking her. Already, it had knocked her when she tried to leave through the front door. Maybe, grabbing the phone would be the wiser option. Then again, her phone could be destroyed.

Perhaps, the issue was that she was only thinking of one plan. She required a backup one, since she didn't doubt the possibility of the first plan failing. In fact the first plan probably had no real chance of succeeding. Looking back at the backdoor, she could bust through. Or, there was the option of calling for help. The second option, however, wouldn't most likely end well for her.

(F/n) hadn't overlooked the exact time that the phone hit the fountain. Obviously, this thing had known her previous intentions and was distracting her from committing to them. The next time that she attempted to get aid she might get more than a mere diversion.

Putting all of this together, she decided that the best option would be to go for the phone. She would assume that it wouldn't work and on the last second bolt for the fence. Her eyes glanced over to the left side of the fence for a moment, and she couldn't push aside the heavy risk of climbing it. (F/n) did catch sight of the apple trees. It would be easy to climb them. After all she had been going up trees since she was little. Once atop the fruit tree, she could jump over the fence and land on the other side. Some bruises and scratches might decorate her skin, but they would be preferable to staying in the house.

Having her strategy in mind, she carefully stepped towards the phone. It remained still on the ground, yet she was wary of it. The thing haunting the area of the home could most likely change the phone's position at any time. She stood right in front of the phone and proceeded to crouch down to get it. The idea of bending over in a towel wasn't exactly a bright one to her, so she avoided it. In the process of going to pick up the phone, she felt herself lifted off her feet. Or rather, she noticed the fountain coming even closer.

Before she could catch her balance, a loud splash sounded around her and the cold enveloped her. She let out a hasty breath of panic, allowing bubbles to rise to the surface of the water. The water was only a few inches above her face, but it still surprised her. Quickly, she lifted her head out of the water, but she sat up carefully so as not to slip on the tiles covering the base of the fountain.