Under the Sun

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

After she had grabbed her painting and had marched off in her vexed state, she had set it against the closet in her room and climbed into bed. It had taken her awhile to fall asleep, since she had a long nap earlier, but she eventually had managed to. When she awoke, the pale hues of morning light came through her window, and she rolled from her stomach onto her back.

She became startled, however, when she felt someone playing with her hair. Pulling away from the feeling, she turned around and found Drem to be sitting there. His monkey expression remained the usual, as he now held up a piece of paper for.

Get dressed and meet me outside in the backyard. Don't look out your bedroom window, though, or you'll ruin what I set up. Don't keep me waiting for too long.

When she glanced back to him, she noted that the monkey was floating, and the cold atmosphere had returned. She watched him leave the room before she noted that new clothes had been laid out for her. They consisted of just a simple pair of navy blue shorts and a pale blue shirt, which was collared and short-sleeved.

Not minding the outfit, she picked it up and changed. She slipped her sand-brown flip-flops on and headed outside. Upon her first step out, she noticed the monkey sitting on what appeared to be an orange and grey plaid blanket. Beside the plush animal, there was an array of food laid out.

Her stomach growled lightly at the sight of food, since she hadn't had any dinner last night. Mentally, she gave her stomach a small glare. Still, it was food, and she was hungry. Taking steps over there, she kicked her flip-flops off and took a seat next to Drem. The small monkey looked up to her and passed a plate of ham and cheese sandwiches over to her. A bowl of lettuce lay in the middle in case she wanted to add any. She could feel a slight chill soon as this occurred.

"You know, I'm not going to be able to eat all of this food. You shouldn't have made so much," she mentioned, looking to the notepad and pen that were there.

Well, this is all of your meals for the day. I plan to sit out here for the whole day with you.

"Let me guess. I have no choice in the matter," she answered, as she added some lettuce to her sandwich and took a small bite from it.

Mhm, we're going to soak up the sun today and just enjoy the outside. Besides, the day sky is as beautiful as the sky last night, and I want to see my love relaxing out here.

Raising an eyebrow at the nickname, she swallowed another bite of sandwich. "So, what happened to 'my little doe'? Did you finally grow tired of comparing me to an animal?"

I thought that I would give you an upgrade. Of course, this was only one of the reasons. He felt that it was time to move on from his old nickname. Then again, he would use it again if the situation changed. Right now, though, he had her caught. The doe had stopped running and was now standing next to him. Drem had caught his prey, and she was no longer just his prey. She was his hope at having a companion again, and, eventually, something more than that.