Behind Closed Doors

Tori leaned close to the door to hear what they were talking about.

"...then why say it?" She partly heard Cat ask.

"It's complicated, Cat."

"What is? Tell me."

"I can't. Cat, we can't- we can't be friends anymore. Just leave me alone!"

"No! I won't! Why are you saying all this stuff?!"

She heard them getting louder. She couldn't understand it either. Why was Jade saying this?

"I'm sorry, Cat." Jade wiped her eyes and threw the door open making Tori back up quickly.

Tori gulped, but Jade just sighed and walked off.

"Cat, are you okay?" Tori asked walking over to the short redhead.

She frowned. "No, but I don't care about me. I want to know what's wrong with Jade. This is so unlike her. I mean..." Cat paused and eyed Tori carefully. "Can I trust you?" She asked.

Tori nodded. "Of course."

Cat let out a breath. "She only acted like this once before, but that was years ago. We were ten and her mom and dad split up. She was upset and she didn't want to be friends anymore." Cat sniffed.

Tori sighed. "I'm sorry. That must have been hard, for both of you."

Cat nodded. "It was the loneliest month of my life. It lasted a whole month and the only reason she wanted to be friends again was so she wouldn't get stuck with someone she didn't like on a field trip to the art gallery." Cat sighed.

"Maybe she just needs some time." Tori tried.

Cat's eyes widened. "No!" Tori blinked in shock at Cat's outburst. "I mean- It's just that... last time, after the field trip, I found out that Jade..." Cat sighed and bit her lip. "I just can't leave her alone. She needs me. She needs Beck. I don't understand why she's doing this." Cat started to cry so Tori pulled her into a hug.

"It'll be okay. We'll find out what's going on and we'll do something about it, okay?" She comforted.

"Okay."