Childish Jade

Tori popped the popcorn while Cat picked out a movie then they sat side by side on the couch.

"Please tell me this isn't animated." Tori groaned.

Cat just smiled. "Does it help that it's Disney?" She asked innocently.

Tori sighed. "Which one?"

Cat grinned. "Mulan."

Tori perked up. "Yes, it helps! Hit play already!"

"Okay, okay, don't hit me!"

Tori just rolled her eyes and shoved some popcorn in her mouth.

They cried during "Relflection" and sung along to "I'll Make A Man Out Of You" very loudly. Then when they reached the moutain scene there was a knock on the front door and Tori paused the movie to get up and get it.

Cat watched to see who was there, when Tori opened the door Cat shot out of her seat. She saw something Tori didn't see and went in the kitchen.

"Jade?" Tori asked wondering why the girl who hates her was at her door. "Uh, what's up?"

Jade didn't answer. She just walked past Tori, slightly stumbling, and Tori watched her plop down on the couch.

"Is Cat here?"

"Yeah, she's-" Cat cut Tori off coming in the room.

"Right here. Drink this." Cat said handing Jade a glass of orange juice.

Jade shook her head. "I don't want that. I want to say I'm sorry I hurt you."

Cat frowned. "Jade, I hit you. You didn't hit me."

"I didn't have to hit you to hurt you. I hurt you when I said it was your fault."

Cat sighed. "Jade, drink your juice then we can talk about this, okay?"

Tori watched in awe as Cat talked maturely...

"No! I don't want juice and you can't make me drink it because you're not the boss of me!"

...and Jade talked like a little kid throwing a fit.

"Jade. Drink up or I won't let you watch Mulan with us." Cat told her. Jade pouted. "We'll even start it over if you want."

Tori was about to shake her head, but she saw Jade start drinking from the glass so she let it go.

"Feeling any better?" Cat asked nicely. "Jade?"

"I want grape instead!"

"Tori doesn't have grape. I already checked."

Jade pouted. "Grape!"

Cat huffed. "No grape! Not tonight. Drink up."

Jade groaned, but she started drinking again.

"I love you, Cat. You are my bestest friend ever and I'm sorry I'm mean to you. You're so nice and I don't deserve a friend like you. I'm sorry about-"

"Forget it. It's fine. We can talk after you drink some more juice. I'll go get you some." Cat said when Jade finished.

Tori followed Cat to the kitchen. "Uh, okay, what is that exactly?" She said pointing to Jade who was bobbing her head around like she was listening to some upbeat dance song.

Cat sighed. "She's drunk. Maybe she'll like apple better than orange juice."

Tori was shocked by what Cat said and by how casual she was being.

"I'm sorry, she's what?"

"You heard right. She's drunk. I knew I never should have left her alone! This is just like the last time." Cat stated.

Tori blinked. "Jade's been drunk before?!"

Cat nodded. "Yeah, when we were ten and her parents slip up she broke into her dad's liquor cabinet. After we became friends again I found out about her drinking problem and I made her swear to never drink again, but whatever is going on now..." Cat sighed. "She just needs to talk to me and stop being so closed off all the time."

Cat took the juice to Jade and Tori followed.

"Here, drink."

"I wanted grape."

"Well, you got apple."

Jade huffed and started drinking the juice.

"So, did you forget your promise or did you just decide since you don't want to be friends anymore that you can go back to your bad habits?"

Jade frowned. "I messed up, Kitty. I'm sorry."

Cat let out a breath and sat down beside her.

Jade put down the cup and laid her head down on Cat's lap. "I'm sorry." She curled her legs up on the couch while Cat stroked her hair gently.

Tori tried to wrap her head around what was going on in her living room, but seeing Jade so innocent was unusual.

"Sing our song to me." Jade said quietly.

Cat sighed. "I don't know, you broke your promise."

"I didn't mean to and we weren't friends no more."

"That was your call, not mine." Cat commented.

"No it wasn't! I would never not want to be your friend, Kitty." Jade huffed. "It was Noah's fault."

Cat's fingers paused in Jade's hair. "Noah made you throw away our friendship? That jerk!"

Jade nodded against Cat's legs. "Uh huh and I'm so sorry I let him. But I can't argue with him or my Daddy will get mad."

Cat frowned. "Wait, your dad is making you date Noah again?" Jade nodded. "Did he make you dump Beck?" She nodded again. "Why?"

Jade shook her head. "I can't go back there Cat. I don't want to go back there! Don't let them send me back there! Please!" Jade started crying. "I don't like it there! I'll be good, I promise. I'll even date Noah again. I swear I'll behave just don't send me back there!" Jade sobbed, but Tori and Cat knew she wasn't talking to Cat anymore. Tori felt bad for Jade, but she didn't understand what was going on to help.

"Shh. Shh. It's okay." Cat shushed her to calm her down. "I won't let them send you back there."

Jade started to calm down and Cat started to softly cry. "I love you, Kitty."

"I love you too, Jadey." Cat sniffed. "Because we're the best of friends...

When you're the best of friends
Having so much fun together
You're not even aware you're such a funny pair
You're the best of friends

Cat sung and Jade smiled.

Life's a happy game
You could clown around forever
Neither one of you sees your natural bondaries
Life's one happy game

Cat sung softly as Jade started dozing off.

If only the world wouldn't get in your way
If only people would just let you play
They'd say you're both being fools
You're breaking all the rules
They can't understand
The magic of your wonderland
When you're the best of friends
Sharing all that you discover
When these moments have passed
Will that friendship last
Who can say there's a way
Oh, I hope
I hope it never ends
'Cause we're the best of friends

"Sleep it off, Jadey." Cat kissed the side of Jade's head then brought her hand up to wipe her tears. Tori gave Cat a sad smile when she turned to look at her. "Call Beck, I can't reach my phone with Jade on my lap."

Tori nodded and pulled out her cell phone.

"Take it outside so you don't wake her please."

Tori nodded, walking out of the house.