What Have You Done?

Beck saw Jade at her locker and took long strides to reach her before she left again.

"Jade." He said, but she didn't turn around. He placed his hand on her shoulder and turned her around. "We have to talk. Why did you break up with me? Was it for him?"

"I can't talk now. I have to get to class." She tried to walk away, but he took her arm and stopped her.

"School hasn't even started yet. First bell isn't for an hour... Talk to me. Help me understand." Beck practically begged.

Jade wouldn't look him in the eyes. "You wouldn't like what I'd say." She said trying to shake him off. "I have to go."

Beck wouldn't let her go that easily. "No. You have to stay and talk to me."

"Beck, I can't right now."

He sighed. "Can't? Or you won't?" Jade looked away again. "I don't know what this is Jade, but I know that Noah isn't right for you and you know it too."

Jade didn't speak for a moment. She hesitated and then she finally looked into his eyes. She saw the hurt, the pain, the heartbreak. She also saw the hope, the plead, the love... then she made it vanish. "I love him."

Beck gulped. "Jade-"

"We need to talk." Cat said sternly when she walked over and grabbed Jade's wrist. "Right now." She growled pulling Jade away from Beck, he slowly released his grip, and pushing her right into the janitor's closet.

"Noah?! How could you?! You hate him! I hate him! Beck hates him!" Cat started yelling. Jade kept looking down at her feet.

"I-I love him. Noah." She heard Cat scoff. "Cat, I-"

"You can't love him! You can't date him! Not after what he did to you! And what about what he did to me?! That's not some forgivable thing! We hate him! I don't know what is going on with you, but-"

Jade's head snapped up. "You're right! You don't know what's going on!"

Cat stopped pacing and looked into Jade's eyes. "Then tell me. Tell me what is wrong with you, because this isn't the Jade I know. This is not my best friend, Jade. I don't know who you are now, but you are not her." Cat tried, she searched Jade's eyes for the old Jade, but Jade looked away again.

"You're right about that too. We're not best friends anymore. I told you I didn't want to be friends anymore. I love N-Noah and what he did to us, that was..." Jade looked at Cat again and steeled her expression. "That was your fault."

Cat gasped then she scowled and slapped Jade across the face. "Get out."

Jade turned back to her. "Gladly." Then she walked out and saw Tori Vega. "If you keep eavesdropping someone might hurt you."

Tori's mouth slightly parted as Jade walked off.

Cat came out trying not to cry, but when she saw Tori she couldn't help it. She threw herself into Tori's arms and sobbed against her shoulder.

"Cat, what happened?" Cat didn't answer so Tori just held her until she calmed down enough. "I can't help if you don't tell me." Tori tried after a few minutes of Cat's sobbing.

"I-I hit J-Jade." She cried.

Tori let the shock take over her expression.