We Love Her

Tori watched as Beck held Jade close on her couch.

Cat walked into the kitchen and saw her staring. "He loves her."

"I know... I just never knew how much."

Cat walked over to get some juice from the refrigerator. "I love her too, but like a sister."

Tori turned to face Cat. "I saw, I didn't know, but I saw..." She gulped. "So what exactly is the Harper Institution?"

Cat took a sip of her juice then she set it down and sighed. "An awful place." Tori waited for her to elaborate. "It's a psych ward, but Noah's father owns it. When she was sent there the last time, after she dumped Noah, he was the only one who could see her. Noah even had his father admit him so he could be with Jade. Any time we got to visit Jade was always doped up, she was so out of it." Cat's voice cracked. "They were destroying her, but Beck, he loves her so much that he went to get her mom and her mom had her released."

Tori nodded. "So, can her mom stop her from going back there again?"

Cat blinked and looked down at her glass then she looked up with tears in her eyes. "She's dead."

Tori's jaw dropped. "Oh my god. When did she-"

"Last year, before we met you." Cat sighed. "It was a car accident, a hit and run, not actually an accident because Noah's father had someone hit her, but we couldn't prove it so we had to just move on." She blinked and tears fell down.

"Oh my god. No offence, but this is starting to sound like a bad mob movie." She commented.

Cat gave a bitter chuckle. "It is, Tori. Noah's father is her dad's boss... in the L.A. Mafia. Noah chose Jade to be his girl, but we didn't know that when we first met him." Cat walked over to Tori and looked at Beck and Jade. "They weren't allowed to fall in love, but they did and now that Noah is back, he'll do everything to split them up again. He is insane... and he is very dangerous." Cat said in a dark tone of voice.

Tori blinked at the couple on her couch. Jade laying on Beck's lap, his arm draped over her. His other hand playing with her hair while her face hid in his shirt. They looked so peaceful and Jade looked so innocent.

Tori had never seen them like that before. She felt a fire of rage engulf her soul when she thought about how they were being torn apart again and when she looked back at Cat she saw that same fire in her eyes.

A loud knock on the door broke their peaceful moment as Jade jumped up, but Beck just pulled her closer and held her tighter, in a protective way, when the door opened and he saw cops.

"Can I help you officers?" Tori asked cautiously.

"Beckett Oliver?" The man asked.

"Yes, sir." He said getting up with Jade clung to his side. "Have I done some-"

"You are under arrest for the attempted murder of Noah Anderson." The woman said taking out her handcuffs.

"What?"

"Beck!" Jade yelled when he had to let her go and the lady put the cuffs on his wrists. "No! Beck!"

Tori and Cat rushed over, but Beck shook his head.

"Don't make a scene. It only makes things worse. Just get Jade before she-"
He cut himself off when he heard her father call her name. "Jade! Run!"

"No! What about you?!" She panicked. "Beck!"

"I'll be fine! Go! Now!"

Jade blinked back tears and stared at him. "Beck-"

"I know. I love you too." He said as they yanked him toward the door.

Jade's father walked over and Beck stopped. "You are killing your daughter for money. I hope you can live with that." He said then the lady forced him outside the door.

Cat grabbed Jade's hand and they ran out the back door. When Mr. West turned back around Tori was the only one there.

"Miss Vega, where is my-"

"Gone and you won't find her... You should be ashamed! To put your daughter through this! You know Beck would never attempt to murder anyone! It doesn't matter how mad he is, and believe me he hates Noah, but he couldn't kill someone and he would never even try to!"

Mr. West sighed. "I know, but it's too late. All of this, everything you see and learn about now, it's been in motion for years. You are just now getting involved at the end, but you would be smart to stay out it." He advised then he walked out.

Tori sighed. She thought for a moment. In a way he was right, this was Mafia stuff. It was scary and dangerous and she might even get killed, but then she thought about something else. Jade. One thought would not leave her mind since she met the intensely harsh girl.

Tori gulped, then she sighed. "I love her."