A Story of Pain

"...and she said that what happened back then was my fault and I just- I hit her. I slapped her across the face. I couldn't help myself. I was so angry."

Tori nodded. "That is understandable Cat, but what is so bad that you would hit her. What did this Noah guy do to you?"

Cat and Tori were sitting in Sikowitz' classroom before school began. No one else was in there so they thought it would be a private place to talk.

Cat sighed. "It's more about what he did to Jade. I was just a pawn in his game..." She paused and bit her lip. "I hate him. I know she hates him. I ju- just don't understand why she would take him back." Cat cried.

Tori frowned. There was clearly a lot about her friends that she didn't know and maybe that was why there were so many things she didn't understand, like why Beck loves Jade or why Cat is friends with her.

Tori sighed. "So... what happened back then?"

Cat looked at Tori then she sighed and began the worst story Tori ever heard. "Noah happened."

Cat took a deep breath. "Jade and I have been friends since first grade. Beck came into our lives in middle school. So did Noah. We thought they were two nice guys, but we were wrong..."

"So just Beck was nice?" Tori asked hoping he has always been as nice of a guy as he is now.

Cat smiled softly. "He was the best. Noah was a jerk, but we didn't know that at first. At first Noah seemed like... well like Beck... then he changed...

*The Story* ( told by Cat)

I was sitting on Jade's steps like I always did waiting for her to get home from practice, she used to play soccer before we both found our real love of the arts, when Noah came up and sat down beside me to wait for his girlfriend.

"Hey, Pussycat."

"Hey, Noah. Waiting for Jade?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yup."

We were silent for a moment then he asked...

"So... Why aren't you dating Beck? You guys seem to really click."

I was weirded out because I never thought of Beck that way and I knew that Beck really liked Jade, but I promised him I wouldn't tell anyone about that.

"I don't know. We are just friends. Plus I heard Jess from english likes Beck."

He sighed. "Most girls do."

He moved closer to me.

"Do you think Jade likes Beck?" He asked sadly.

I also knew Jade kinda liked Beck and I promised I wouldn't say anything so I just shrugged it off.

"I don't know. Ask her."

Noah leaned in closer. "Can you ask her for me? I don't want to get hurt."

He seemed worried so I said I would then... it happened... He kissed me.

I pulled back and that's when he grabbed me and kissed me again. I tried to push him away, but he was on the wrestling team and stronger than me.

Then before I knew what was happening he shoved me off of him and jumped up. He started yelling at me for kissing him and saying that he loved Jade... that was when I stood up and saw Jade standing in front of us. She looked upset. She wouldn't let me explain, but I tried.

"Don't lie Cat! I saw it! You kissed my boyfriend!"

"No! I didn't! I- Jade- I wouldn't- He kissed me!" I stuttered out.

"Don't lie to her. I would never kiss you. I'm sorry that you have a crush on me, but I love Jade! Get lost, you little liar!" He yelled at me harshly.

I waited for Jade to defend me. To say that he was wrong and I would never do that to her, but she didn't. She just glared.

Then, then she told me to get lost... so I left.

After that Noah could do or say whatever he wanted. Jade believed him.

Every time. Every word.

He would cheat and she would believe his lies. He would try to kiss me again and she would believe that it was my fault... and then one day... he hit her, she came to school with a huge bruise on her arm, but she would believe that it was her fault so I- I couldn't do anything. She believed him and she hated me. I had to do something though, she's my best friend, like a sister to me, I couldn't just let him cheat and lie and hurt her and get away with it.

So I told Beck. I don't know what he did, but Jade dumped Noah. Not too long after that and Beck was dating Jade, after she pushed Jessica into the fountain. Not that I cared Jessica always picked on me all the time.

Anyway, that's why I don't understand why she is back with Noah or why she would dump Beck... I know why she doesn't want to be friends with me anymore. Noah must have her convinced that it was my fault again. After Beck and Jade started dating he helped us to get our friendship back, but Jade never really said that she believed it wasn't my fault. She just said we were cool.

Tori tried to wrap her mind around Cat's story. This Noah guy sounded awful, worse than Jade, towards Jade. So why date him again? It didn't make any sense to her.

"That story was awful. That Noah guy is awful."

Cat nodded.