Peter and Alice

Jerome: 9
You: 8

     You were walking through the circus grounds. You were a very friendly and curious little girl. You always said hello and waved to people you knew, and sometimes, even strangers.

Your parents trusted everybody in the circus, so they let you walk around alone. They didn't know that you had secret friends. Speaking of your secret friends, they ran up to you.

"Hi!" Said Peter. Peter was in fact the one you are thinking of. The one that can fly and never grew up. The one that fought pirates, and danced around with Indians. He was Peter Pan. "Hello, Peter. When are you going back to Neverland?" You asked, tilting your head to the side. "Soon." He said, nodding his head up and down. "Very soon." You couldn't help but notice the hint of sadness in his voice, but you were little and blew it off.

Your other friend next to you scoffed. "Yeah? Well, why don't ya take us? You've only promised 100 times!" She exclaimed. He scowled at her. "Oh will you settle down, Alice? I'll take ya when I take ya!" He shouted. "Plus, you always say you're gonna take us to Wonderland!" They started arguing like always.

They continued arguing, while you walked away. They always fought, and it bored you. You were walking, lost in your thoughts, when you heard crying. You being your curious self, followed the noise.

The noise led you to a little red-headed boy sitting outside of the Valeska trailer. You recognized him as Jerome Valeska. His mother was Lila Valeska, the snake dancer.

You walked over to him. "Jerome?" You asked, causing him to snap his head towards you. "Are you alright?" You sat down next to him. He looked at you weirdly, and scooted away. You ignored the pang of hurt in your chest.

"You need to leave." He said, starting to look around. You shook your head. "No. What happened to you? Why are you crying?" You asked, pushing him to tell you. He looked away from you, to the side, and then back to you. "Promise ya won't tell?" He asked. You nodded, scooting closer.

"I-It's my mom. And her.... toy thingy. They were hitting me, calling me names, laughing at me. They made me cry." You furrowed your eyebrows. Why would his mom hit him?

"Do they do this a lot?" You asked. He paused for second, then nodded. "Mama and her toys always hit me. Mama says not to tell anyone, or she'll hurt me." He confessed. You looked up to him. "Well, maybe I can help." You said, trying to cheer him up.

He looked at you, confused. "How?" You thought for a minute. "I don't really know, but maybe your friends can, too!" You suggested. He shook his head, looking back down. "Don't have any." You looked at him with pity. This poor boy had nothing. You smiled as a thought popped into your head. "I'll be your friend!"

He looked at you, shocked. "Really!? You would do that?" He asked. You nodded. "Of course. Plus, you seem nice. And you can be friends with my friends, too!" You exclaimed.

He looked at you shyly. "Do ya think they will like me?" He asked. You nodded. "For sure." But you never saw Peter or Alice after that day. They left for their adventures in Neverland and Wonderland without you, but you were okay with that. You had Jerome now.

-------------------------------------------------------

So I'm like obsessed with Peter Pan, so it'll be in these a lot probably. 😂😂

-Alice