Worthless

You heard the door to your house slam shut. You didn't even flinch. You were used to it by now. It was the third time this week and it was only Tuesday. "Hi, Jerome," You shouted from the kitchen. You heard his footsteps follow your voice and come into the kitchen. "Hi, Y/N," he said, sitting down.

You turned off the sink and dried your hands. "What did she do this time?" You asked, still not looking at him yet. He sighed. "She started yelling at me for hanging out with you too much." You froze in your spot. Jerome and his girlfriend always fought, but over you was something completely new. "What?" You asked, flipping around. You saw that he was covering his face with his hands.

"She says I'm over here all the time and don't spend enough time with her," he said through his hands. You threw your rag down. "Didn't you guys almost breakup last week 'cause she kissed Tabitha?" You asked. He pulled his head out of his hands and nodded. "Exactly! I can't handle Harley like this anymore!" "Then why don't you just leave her?" You asked.

"Cause then what will I do? I'll have no one! She's literally all I have!" He shouted. You could practically hear your heart shatter at this. "Wow, J. Didn't know I was that worthless to you," you said. He looked at you with wide eyes before shaking his head. "Y/N, that's not what I meant-" You shook your hands. "No, I heard ya loud and clear," you said, walking out of the kitchen and up to your room. You heard Jerome's heavy footsteps as he chased after you.

"Y/N! Stop! You know I didn't mean it! Will you stop being so dramatic, you're acting just like Harley!" He shouted. You stopped in the hallway the moment he said that, causing him to almost run into you. You turned around and glared at him. "Now you listen hear, Jerome Valeska. I have known you for years, and never once have you insulted me as horrible as that!" You spat. "I have given my life up for you! And for what? A criminal record and having to be your fucking personal therapist every time that skank makes you mad!

"Well I'm done now! I was gonna have a good life! Marry a good man! And I threw that all away cause I thought you were that man!" You shouted. You were so angry that you didn't even notice your confession or the look of shock on his face. "I literally have gone through so much shit just to please you and to make you love me back!" You started again as you walked towards your front door, knowing Jerome would follow you.

"I went to Arkham, killed so many people, watched you get killed, the people I love get killed, all for you! And you give me nothing in return! You can't even say I matter!" You shouted as you opened the door and pointed for him to leave. "And now Jerome, you're gonna walk out, and never come back."

Jerome was still wide eyed and his jaw was almost touching the floor. You still didn't understand what you said in your outburst. "You love me?" He asked quietly. You looked at him confused until it registered in your mind. "Fuck," You hissed. "It doesn't matter anymore! You're leaving! Forever!" You shouted as you pushed him out the door.

You watched as he spun around to face you. "Wait, Y/N!" He tried to stop you, but you didn't care. "Goodbye, Jerome," You said, slamming the door in his face.

You turned around and slammed yourself against the door. The tears started welling up in your eyes, and quickly fell down your cheeks. You slid down the door crying at what just happened. You lost the only person that you loved. The only person that gave you a meaning. You just lost everything.