Story- Ending

Part 2

You sat at the table shocked. He was here. He was alive. You looked at Jim and Harvey, and saw that they were just as shocked as you were. "Jerome?" You asked in disbelief. He nodded. "The one and only."

     "But-but you're dead!" Harvey exclaimed. Jerome rolled his eyes and looked at him. "Correction, I was dead. Now, I'm alive, and I'm here for my doll." He smiled, looking back over to you. Tears began to fall from your eyes, causing his smile to drop.

     Jim stood up and pointed his gun at Jerome. "Jerome Valeska, you're under arrest for the murder of these two guards." Jerome smiled. "Oh, Jim." The lights suddenly cut out, and you couldn't see anything. Jerome began to cackle. "If only you knew."

     All of a sudden a gun went off. You heard it hit the table right in front of you. Then, a pair of arms wrapped around your waist, picked you up, and ran. The bullet must have broke the handcuffs.

     The person threw you up in the air and caught you in the bridal position. "Oh, how much I've missed this." The person, who you now knew was Jerome, said and began laughing. "Jerome." You croaked out. "Hi, princess." He said, pushing open a pair of doors and continuing to run.

     You could hear Jim and Harvey running after you guys, but you knew they would never catch you. You began to giggle. You haven't giggled a real giggle in a long time. You snuggled into his chest. This was him. This was Jerome. The love of your life that was supposed to be dead.

     After what seemed like forever of turning through hallways, busting through doors, and being stuck in the dark, you guys finally reached the outside. You were out after almost a year. Maybe even longer.

     You guys, well Jerome really, kept running through alleyways and in between buildings. He didn't stop until you were on the other side of Gotham.

     He finally set you down, your back facing him. You wanted to turn around, but you were also scared to do so. What if it wasn't Jerome. What if it was some imposter. You had heard about his little cult that followed him after his death.

     "Gorgeous." You finally heard his whisper. Your breath caught in your throat and you were sure you were gonna pass out.

     You finally found it in you to turn around and look at him. What you saw made you gasp. His face was stapled on, as if it had been cut of, and you could tell he was happier, more clown like. "I know. It's a lot to take in, but-" he started. "It is you." You mumbled.

     He looked at you in shock, but then nodded. He raised his arms out. "It's me, Y/N. I'm not dead." He chuckled. You looked at him for a second before jumping onto him and hugging him. It took him a second to react, but he wrapped his arms around you.

     You began to cry. "I-I missed you so much." You cried. You heard him sniffle in your shoulder. He was crying, too. "I missed you, too, sweet cheeks. God, I missed you." He said.

     After a second, you pulled away and started hitting his chest. You weren't hitting him hard enough to hurt him, but you were getting your message across. "You," punch "left," punch "me!" Punch. He grabbed your hands to stop you from hitting him. "I know. I'm so sorry, but I'm back. I'm here and I'm not going to leave. Not now. Not later. Not ever."

     You looked up at him and held your pinky out. "Promise?" You asked. He smiled and linked his pinky with yours. "Promise." You giggled. Jerome smiled a genuine smile. "I love you, Y/N." He confessed. You smiled the biggest you ever have. "I love you, too, Jerome."