Come Alive

This imagine is based off of the song, "Come Alive", from the movie "The Greatest Showman". I saw the movie and it was amazing, you guys should definitely see it!

——————————————————————

     You sat at a table with a bunch of nimrods. You had yours arms crossed, and you were trying to make the bitchy look on your face prominent. You sat with the people that were considered "powerful", but if somebody asked you, they just used Sionis to get people to listen to them.

     The table consisted of Richard Sionis, Robert Greenwood, Arnold Dobkins, Aaron Helzinger, Barbara Kean, and the ginger psycho himself, Jerome Valeska. Now Jerome was somebody to actually fear. He was manipulative, unpredictable, and just plain crazy.

     You looked at Jerome once the sound of him groaning filled the air. "This place is so boring!" He complained. You scoffed, causing him to look at you. "Well, it is an asylum. What is there supposed to be for fun?"

     Jerome smirked at you. "You're pretty fun." You scoffed again. "You're pretty sick," you fired back, standing up and walking to a vacant table. You threw yourself into the chair, looking away from the table.

     You didn't get even five seconds alone before Jerome plopped down onto the seat across from you. You groaned. "What do you want?" He fake pouted. "I just can't sit over there knowing my doll is mad."

     You rolled your eyes at him. "We're just friends, Jerome." He smiled at you. "You say that now, but just you wait! I have a plan that could turn this whole place around." You cocked your head to the side. "And what would that be?"

     He smirked. "You stumble through your days, got your head hung low, your skies a shade of grey. Like a zombie in a maze, you're asleep inside, but you can shake away!" He said to you. You raised an eyebrow at him.

     He jumped up and began walking towards the other tables. He stopped at one full of some weird looking guys. "'Cause you're just a dead man walking, thinking that's your only option, but you can flip the switch and brighten up your darkest days!"

     He went to the middle of the room. "Sun is up and the colors blinding! Take the world and redefine it! Leave behind your narrow mind. You'll never be the same!" He ran to the seat he was previously sitting on and jumped up on it.

     "Come alive! Come alive! Go and light your light! Let it burn so bright! Reaching up to the sky, and it's open wide! You're electrified!" He shouted. Everybody was now staring and listening to him, but he ran over to you.

     "When the world becomes a fantasy and you're more than you could ever be, 'cause you're dreaming with your eyes wide open! And you know you can't go back again to the world that you were living in, 'Cause you're dreaming with your eyes wide open! So come alive!" He shouted to you.

     You stared at him with a disgusted look. What did he think he was doing?

He ran over to one of the more violent characters here. It was one of the cannibals and he had a face mask on so he couldn't bite anyone. "I see it in your eyes. You believe that lie that you need to hide your face. Afraid to step outside, so you lock the door, but don't you stay that way!" You saw the man look at him with hope filling his eyes. You rolled yours. Did he really believe him? Did they believe him?

Your attention was brought back to your original table as you heard a sigh. You watched as Barbara stood up on her seat. "No more living in those shadows! You and me, we know how that goes!"

You looked at the seat next to her as you saw Greenwood stand up on his seat. "'Cause once you see it, oh, you'll never, never be the same!" He cheered.

You were surprised as you saw the whole table stand up. "We'll be the light that's shining! Bottle up and keep on trying!" They cheered together. "You can prove there's more to you!"

Jerome jumped up and turned to everyone. "You cannot be afraid!"

You thought that your table joining in was a shocker, but you nearly died when everybody in the room stood up, you being the only one sitting down. You were shocked that even Angela, who was paralyzed, was on somebody's shoulders.

"Come alive! Come alive! Go and light your light, let it burn so bright! Reaching up to the sky and it's open wide! You're electrified!" They cheered with Jerome. You watched them follow him as if he were their ruler.

"When the world becomes a fantasy, and you're more than you could ever be, 'Cause you're dreaming with your eyes wide open! And we know we can't go back again to the world that we were living in 'Cause you're dreaming with your eyes wide open! So come alive!" Everybody shouted.

You jumped when you heard a loud boom on the other side of the room. You looked to the wall and saw a gigantic hole in it. You watched the other patients laugh and jump and run out of the asylum.

You sat in your seat and watched them go. The last person to run out was Jerome, but he stopped and turned to you. He waved to you to follow, but you just stared nervously at him. He rolled his eyes and ran out with the others.

You stared at the wall and began to weigh your options. Do you A- stay and live your sentence, which is most likely going to be forever- or B- go with the rest of the crazies and run. You looked to the gate and saw that the guards were trying to open it. "Stay there, inmate!" They shouted.

You rolled your eyes and ran after them.

You jumped out of the building, happy you wore shoes today. You followed the cheers of the the inmates. "Come one! Come all! Come in! Come on!" They all shouted. You saw Jerome and smiled.

"To anyone who's bursting with a dream!" You cheered. He turned to you and smiled. You ran up to him and grabbed his hand that he was holding out for you.

"Come one!

Come all!

You hear the call!"

"To anyone who's searching for a way to break free!" He shouted. You smiled and everyone, including you, joined in with him. "Break free!"

Everybody ran down the streets of Gotham, running in and out of building, teasing people, all sorts of stuff. Everybody continued to cheer, following Jerome and you through the streets.

"When the world becomes a fantasy and you're more than you could ever be, 'Cause you're dreaming with your eyes wide open! And we know we can't go back again to the world that we were living in, 'Cause we're dreaming with our eyes wide open! 'Cause we're dreaming with our eyes wide open! So come alive!" Everybody shouted.

You turned to Jerome and smiled. "You were right," you said to him. He tilted his head in confusion. "About what?" You leaned in and softly kissed his lips. When you pulled away, he was already smiling, causing you to giggle.

"You really did turn that whole place around."