Pushed Away- Chapter 2

You ran out of yet another bar. It's crazy how you were on almost every channel. You continued to run until you made it to an alley. You walked into the alley, trying to find a place to stay. You could still go to your apartment, but you didn't know if it was safe yet. It could be filled with cops or other people that didn't like you very much.

     You were halfway down the alley when you heard something that stopped you; A laugh. You looked around, but you didn't see anything. You shook your head and continued walking. "What's wrong, gorgeous? Don't you recognize me?" Somebody asked.

You froze in place. It couldn't be. "Ugh! Are you ignoring me again?" They asked. You turned around, and sure enough, there was Jerome. "I must've been drugged at the bar." You said to yourself. Jerome looked at you weirdly. "The bar? You used to never drink. You said it was horrible for your body!" Jerome exclaimed." You shrugged. "This last year has been worse for me than a couple bottles of beer a night, and some drugs."

Jerome's face was pure shock. "Drugs!?" He asked. You nodded. "Yeah. They help me forget... sometimes." You confessed. He furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you need to forget?" The hallucination asked. You thought about it for a moment before speaking. "When the real you died, I changed. It was hard losing my only friend." You said. Jerome looked at you surprised. "We're friends?" He asked.

You scoffed. "We were friends. Ya know, before you died." You said. Jerome began to chuckle. "Oh my! You think I'm actually a hallucination?" He laughed. You nodded. "Well, yeah. The real J is dead." Jerome shook his head, still chuckling. "Doll, it's me! I'm back!" He exclaimed. You looked at him and saw that he did look very different than he did last time.

     He had stitches all around his face, and his face was stretched out. Was his face cut off!? You shook your head. "Prove it." You said, crossing your arms and popping your hip out to the side. His eyes widened. "Really!?" He exclaimed. You nodded. "Yeah." He smirked. "Ok then." He walked up to you and leaned in.

     You had to admit, you wanted to kiss him, but you couldn't. Right when he was about to kiss you, you put your finger up to his lips, stopping him, pushing him away. "You'll have to try harder than that, Jerome." You smirked. He huffed. "You're never gonna let me have a chance, are you?" He said, causing you to raise your eyebrows. "A chance at what?" You asked.

     You've always been afraid about how fast you were falling for Jerome, but you were also afraid he didn't want to be with you. Maybe he just wanted to play with you. "A chance to show you that I'm starting to fall for you." He said, taking a step back.

     "Jerome, I-" You started. He held his hand up. "I'm sorry I've bothered you so much." He said walking away from you. You knew you should have chased after him, but you were so shocked. He actually wanted to be with you. It was then that you realized you had pushed him away, for too long.